PO NOW: SLEEP ‘Leagues Beneath’ | Single Sided LP w/ Etched B-Side | Third Man Records

7 hours ago, Ishtar said:

Oh, he for sure sucks. I hate Jack White as much as I hate anyone in the entertainment business. Probably more than most actually. Dudes a douche.

I'm honestly a fan of his music but yeah he can dial down the whole "I'm too cool even for the hipsters" thing anytime now.

Sorry, don't want to derail the thread; I heard something about a variant too. My local shop is supposed to be taking care of me. I tell my friends this all the time:if you have a local record store, shop there as much as possible  and get to be good friends with the owner.

Edited by clerk3745

I'll probably run down to Detroit to stupidly pay $30+ for the variant. There was no line there when Sciences came out. But that was short notice.

I'm also wondering if it'll be limited to a handful of shops like the black/green Sciences was or distributed all over like the green (guessing like the black/green).

Edited by fish

38 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

It says that Thirdman Nashville and Detroit will carry the colored variant the day after the release as well as other select retailers. I wonder how the select retailers are selected that'll be carrying that colored variant.

For Sciences the black/green seemed to go out to shops in towns on their most previous tour.  Not sure if it lined up perfectly because I didn't match the list to their tour schedule, but there were a couple cities that got variants that seemed like weird choices except that Sleep had just played there.

2 hours ago, nancy_raygun said:

For Sciences the black/green seemed to go out to shops in towns on their most previous tour.  Not sure if it lined up perfectly because I didn't match the list to their tour schedule, but there were a couple cities that got variants that seemed like weird choices except that Sleep had just played there.

Perhaps that was part of it. But I think a lot of stores had the option of buying it but they had to order very expensive records without having any idea of what it was going to be. At least that is how my local explained it back when it came out. 

Edit: that same local store just told me they didn't even have the option to buy a color variant of this. So it may be similar to the green/black.

Edited by fish

12 hours ago, fish said:

Perhaps that was part of it. But I think a lot of stores had the option of buying it but they had to order very expensive records without having any idea of what it was going to be. At least that is how my local explained it back when it came out. 

Edit: that same local store just told me they didn't even have the option to buy a color variant of this. So it may be similar to the green/black.

My local shop said he had to order 10 of the black to get 1 of the whatever the variant was (we didn't know at the time)

Speaking of variants does anyone here have or know where I could scoop up a green Clarity?