PO NOW: SLEEP ‘Leagues Beneath’ | Single Sided LP w/ Etched B-Side | Third Man Records

2 hours ago, vinyl21 said:

I guess moreso for the record stores that have to purchase 10 copies first.  I mean what other label does that?

I don't know why everyone is so mad about this. For The Sciences there were 10,000 green and 1,000 green/black.  There's 1,000 of the "aquamarine" variant, so let's say there's a similar "first press" quantity of the balck. That would fit the 10:1 ratio that they're requiring for the colored variant.

I dislike a lot about Jack White/TMR and this isn't the coolest of things to do, but it doesn't seem as insane and insulting as some people are making it out to be.

9 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I don't know why everyone is so mad about this. For The Sciences there were 10,000 green and 1,000 green/black.  There's 1,000 of the "aquamarine" variant, so let's say there's a similar "first press" quantity of the balck. That would fit the 10:1 ratio that they're requiring for the colored variant.

But stores weren't required to order a minimum amount of regular sciences in order to purchase the limited variant to sell.

14 minutes ago, ZeroNowhere said:

I bought 20 and didn’t get shit.  Just a bunch of VHS black that I can’t flip, frame, or listen to.  Fuck vinyl.  You lucky son.

Speaking of flipping, if anybody is able to get me a variant at cost I’d really appreciate it.   I need to flip one to pay for the 10 black copies I bought 

4 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I dislike a lot about Jack White/TMR and this isn't the coolest of things to do, but it doesn't seem as insane and insulting as some people are making it out to be.

Yeah, no, its a good thing.  Hopefully more labels follow their lead.

1 hour ago, Ghengiscahn said:

https://shopusa.season-of-mist.com/sleep-leagues-beneath-mini-lp-colored I preordered this version. Says it’s transparent green but it’s at the price point of the aquamarine variant but the release date is the 7th. Don’t know if this is different or not. I guess I’ll find out

The aquamarine is transparent green and opaque blue so its like 50% transparent, or at least mine is, it look really sweet held up to the light