PO NOW: SLEEP ‘Leagues Beneath’ | Single Sided LP w/ Etched B-Side | Third Man Records

1 hour ago, arumajiro 零 一つ said:

Fixed for accuracy.

Honestly surprised some of the group-buy obsessives here haven't posted a group-buy proposalfor this, with a raffle for whoever get the variant (or highest bidder).

Don't think a group buy would work as TMR doesn't sell like that directly to customers.  

5 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

How exactly is this screwing anyone over?  If they hadn't of made a variant color would that have been better?  

It's not really screwing anyone over, although it must be tough on stores that would like to get a variant but don't want 10+ copies.

2 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

They should've sold it thru their online store

I want to go back to the days of random variants.

Most of this now is manufactured demand used to leverage both stores and fans.

The hatred for third man is pretty childish, you are just not getting what you want.

it looks like a lot of the copies of the variant will be at their rolling record store at Muddy Roots where Sleep is playing but fuck them for selling them directly to some sleep fans they should have sent one of two more copies to Orlando

Edited by apirk

1 minute ago, apirk said:

The hatred for third man is pretty childish, you are just not getting what you want.

it looks like a lot of the copies of the variant will be at their rolling record store at Muddy Roots where Sleep is playing but fuck them for being them directly to some sleep fans they should have sent one of two more copies to Orlando

The cognitive dissonance is strong in this one.

1 minute ago, fish said:

The black/green also limited to 1k was $50. With them or isn't about what production costs are. It's all about demand.

Well I realize that but I'm more likely to pay $50 for an entire LP than I am $30 for one song.  

Not saying there aren't a ton of people that'd pay $100 for one song...