PO Now: Post Malone - Beerbongs and Bentlys

1 hour ago, ethereal said:

this is one dude where I do not get the hype at all.. yet people flock to him every new release like he’s actually talented.. 

is it because he plays 3 chords on an acoustic guitar when the auto tune gets dull? we will never know...

He's a good dude and a good songwriter. I'm not in love with his music, but he manages to drop good singles and can really drop gems every once in a while. Stay for example I think is his best song he's made, but as a whole I'm not a big fan of this album. I know a lot of people who are though, and I'm sure some VCers want this on wax.

9 hours ago, pizza face said:

This seems a little more reasonable than the price tag for stoney that I've see close to $50 at retail. Probably will buy if I see it in store for $30 or less

The price Stoney has gone up to is nuts;  I paid $24 from his webstore when it was initially released. I'm glad the new album is on vinyl now! I've been waiting for this for a while. Will likely wait for the Amazon PO, though. 

2 hours ago, V3XED said:

I havent clicked the link yet. I just want to say, I hope this is a 12" picture disc with the image of a CD on it.

It's just clear vinyl. Alternative artwork just like the last release which is kinda nice

Edited by Han Solo

22 minutes ago, B-dosia said:

I lost all respect for this dude after he was throwing shade at Earl Sweatshirt and more spesificly Doris in some twitter rant. That album is a classic. Post better cash in now, nobody will care about him in a couple years.

To be fair, Earl said something first.

On 8/11/2018 at 6:12 PM, Reshiram said:

To be fair, Earl said something first.

Someone had to speak up that song was awful.  I’ll just leave it at to each their own. Earl has bonified talent, and has been a prodigy since he was in his young teens. Post got taken on tour to open for Bieber off a one hit wonder song. I guess we shall have to wait and see who is still relevant in a year or two.

Edited by B-dosia

28 minutes ago, B-dosia said:

Someone had to speak up that song was awful.  I’ll just leave it at to each their own. Earl has bonified talent, and has been a prodigy since he was in his young teens. Post got taken on tour to open for Bieber off a one hit wonder song. I guess we shall have to wait and see who is still relevant in a year or two.

I love Earl, I like Post. That being said we don't have to see who's relevant in 2 years because Earl has fallen off already due to his lack of music output. Also, sho cares who's relevant, Doris is a timeless record and will forever be remembered, Post has timeless songs like Rockstar and Stay. Fuck relevance, just make good music and you'll be remembered. 

37 minutes ago, B-dosia said:

I'll make you a $100 bet that Post will still be relevant in a year.

The great ones don’t feel the need to constantly put out albums and mixtapes every year or multiple times a year. Earl is still very busy but on the producing side. Most of the bands/artists who make good music their albums are years apart. If Post gets another opening slot for Bibes maybe he will be relevant a year from now. I’ll give you that, but most likely he will go the way of Riff Raff, Asher Roth, Vanilla Ice, and Wacklemore. I like a lot of white hip hop artists. Atmosphere , Brother Ali,  Eyedea, pretty much the whole Rhymesayers roster. Action Bronson got skills. My home town boy G-Eazy .And  Mac Miller are all good artists. And I’m sure I forgot many more (Beastie Boys the OG’s for  one ) I would not put Post on the same caliber as them, but maybe they will let him open a show for them.

1 hour ago, B-dosia said:

The great ones don’t feel the need to constantly put out albums and mixtapes every year or multiple times a year. Earl is still very busy but on the producing side. Most of the bands/artists who make good music their albums are years apart. If Post gets another opening slot for Bibes maybe he will be relevant a year from now. I’ll give you that, but most likely he will go the way of Riff Raff, Asher Roth, Vanilla Ice, and Wacklemore. I like a lot of white hip hop artists. Atmosphere , Brother Ali,  Eyedea, pretty much the whole Rhymesayers roster. Action Bronson got skills. My home town boy G-Eazy .And  Mac Miller are all good artists. And I’m sure I forgot many more (Beastie Boys the OG’s for  one ) I would not put Post on the same caliber as them, but maybe they will let him open a show for them.

So you wanna make a bet or not? 

I think he's the next Drake.

Edit: Keep in mind that "Stoney" went triple platinum and "Beerbongs and Bentlys" has already gone double platinum. Neither of the Earl Sweatshirt albums have even gone gold.

Edited by thedillon

5 hours ago, thedillon said:

So you wanna make a bet or not? 

I think he's the next Drake.

Edit: Keep in mind that "Stoney" went triple platinum and "Beerbongs and Bentlys" has already gone double platinum. Neither of the Earl Sweatshirt albums have even gone gold.

Vanilla Ice went platinum too... I’ll take your bet. Better hope those 13 y.o. Keep buying his albums.

Edited by B-dosia

55 minutes ago, thedillon said:

You know how easy it was to go platinum back then and how hard it is now?

this is gonna be fun :)

There are so many more avenues to promote your album these days. I would say your theory is flawed. Besides how many songs can you make about smoking weed and drinking? That shit is played out. We’ve had legal marijuana for 20 + years here in California. Maybe where your from it still is exciting and new. I also forgot to chime in on your “The next Drake” comment I don’t even like drake but I find that statement hilirous , after he tops Drake maybe he will run for office too. we can only hope. I’m deep in the hip hop community in my area and I don’t know one person who listens to Post, or at least admits to it. Keep bumpin that top 40 rap, just cuz he gets radio play don’t make it good, just means palms got greased. You want to go off numbers. I’m talking about talent there is a big difference. I look forward to taking your $$$

I will literally make a bet with anyone that wants to take me up, Post will have 3 or more singles go top 5 on the charts in the next year not including any of the songs he has on the charts now. I’m addition his next album whenever is comes out will go platinum.

I am 100% serious. I’ll put $200 up against $100.

I get the hate and I’m not a huge fan or anything but he is an absolute superstar with staying power.

This guy getting all butt hurt calling me a Texas girl Hahaha. You take a friendly bet and turn it into an insult. What an asshole

You can act all pretentious and shit if you want but I don’t even listen to hip hop and if I do it’s j Cole or digable planets. I love how you just jump to conclusions assuming I’m a post malone fan because I think he’s a superstar. I couldnt care less about him I just think you’re completely delusional if you think post Malone is going to be irrelevant in 2 years. I set a reminder on my calendar and will come back in a year asking for your Venmo account to request my winnings and you better man up and pay!

also I’ve worked in the music industry for 12 years now and have seen a lot. It’s MUCH harder to go platinum now than it used to be. That’s why you don’t hear about ALBUMS going platinum very often. Singles sure all time but we’re talking about him selling 5 million albums in an age where people don’t buy music anymore.

4 hours ago, thedillon said:

This guy getting all butt hurt calling me a Texas girl Hahaha. You take a friendly bet and turn it into an insult. What an asshole

You can act all pretentious and shit if you want

I set a reminder on my calendar and will come back in a year asking for your Venmo account to request my winnings and you better man up and pay!

Dude surely won't pay up.

That said, don't take anything he says seriously because I'm not sure he can actually read. In the thread for that MuggsxDDOOM single I said I wasn't crazy about a song and that it was stupid to charge $50 for a single and he lost his damn mind acting like I'd personally insulted him and attacked DOOM as an artist (one of my favorite rappers). There is no impulse control there.

I'm with him in that I don't love Post. I'm just in here because my lady likes his music and I thought she might want this record. I do on the other hand realise that there are people beyond the underground hip-hop community who listen to music and can see how he would remain relevant.

I. Always  keep my bets, $100 is nothing to me. I make 8K every week. Unfortunately you are  a groupie of Post. fsn, However you start to backpeddle now

6 hours ago, thedillon said:

You can act all pretentious and shit if you want but I don’t even listen to hip hop and if I do it’s j Cole or digable planets. I love how you just jump to conclusions assuming I’m a post malone fan because I think he’s a superstar. I couldnt care less about him I just think you’re completely delusional if you think post Malone is going to be irrelevant in 2 years. I set a reminder on my calendar and will come back in a year asking for your Venmo account to request my winnings and you better man up and pay!

also I’ve worked in the music industry for 12 years now and have seen a lot. It’s MUCH harder to go platinum now than it used to be. That’s why you don’t hear about ALBUMS going platinum very often. Singles sure all time but we’re talking about him selling 5 million albums in an age where people don’t buy music anymore.

I always pay my bets , I did say 2 yers and he will be a  punch line.you atet so hypocritical you say you don’t like rap, but you think post is supperstar