P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread

5 minutes ago, Velocity of Sound said:

$8 for media mail? Fuck that shit. Profiting on shipping is a slimy move. 

Yeah and you just know mwy is rolling around in all that shipping money doing lines of coke off their strippers asses

5 minutes ago, Velocity of Sound said:

$8 for media mail? Fuck that shit. Profiting on shipping is a slimy move. 

i was on set for the Julia music video and Aaron showed me his new Bentley, said he paid for it off of the extra money skimmed off of media mail buyers alone. man's living large.

7 minutes ago, Velocity of Sound said:

If your gonna squeeze an extra $5 out of every customer, at least do it to their face. Charge $30 for the LP up front. No need to get bamboozled at checkout. 

after postage + packaging (and they use good mailers), it's probably more like $1.50. lots of spilled milk to cry about still, i'm sure.

considering their manager's recent tweet thread decrying customers choosing media mail for non-media orders (costing mwY considerable money), i imagine the modest price hike is to help them offset the cost of past & future customers taking advantage of them offering media mail in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

m e w i t h o u t y o u

m e _ i _ _ _ _ _ y o u

m e d i a m a i l y o u

Did we just get conned for the last 19 years?  Fuck.

M E W I T H O U T Y O U

W                  O

E            H          T    O

T M       U     U

I  Y     

I A M L O R D V O L D E M O R T

I hate to throw a wrench in the fun here, because seriously, believing mwY was trying to rip off fans is hilarious, but... the media mail option for the box set was the same price ($8), which is reasonable. It probably costs about $5 or so in postage, plus whatever packing materials they needed. I'm sure it was just a mistake in setting up the shop. So instead of being a righteous douche nozzle on a soapbox, you probably could have just emailed and inquired about it...

5 hours ago, CatsNJazz said:

Canceled my order for the red/white collectors edition, couldn't justify paying twice as much just for a cool box to put the records in, so if anyone missed out keep an eye out for the restock

You do you but... it’s not just a cool box that increases the price.

2LPs vs 1LP

Cool Box vs Standard Packaging

Book thing vs no book thing

1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

You do you but... it’s not just a cool box that increases the price.

2LPs vs 1LP

Cool Box vs Standard Packaging

Book thing vs no book thing

I didnt really read the description when I ordered, I just refreshed the website when the timer hit 00 and I ordered the first thing I saw. I placed a separate order for the splatter after I realized I didnt need all those things, I'm sure I'll regret it after I see everyone post pictures of how cool it is but I'm broke enough to feel ok about it

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, lungfutang said:

So i finally got around to spinning this the other day and have to say i'm a little underwhelmed at the quality. Sounds a lot quieter than my original pressing, and also noticed quite a bit of pops and crackles all throughout the entire album... Can anyone else relate? Or am i just losing my mind?

I never owned a first press but subsequent presses were nothing to write home about, speaking from experience.  Eager to hear that deluxe at 45 RPM.

12 hours ago, lungfutang said:

So i finally got around to spinning this the other day and have to say i'm a little underwhelmed at the quality. Sounds a lot quieter than my original pressing, and also noticed quite a bit of pops and crackles all throughout the entire album... Can anyone else relate? Or am i just losing my mind?

I have the cinnamon red, and mine has a ton of pops, too.  I actually had to stop after a couple of songs because it was so bad.  I'm curious to see how widespread this is.

• danmpie7 changed the title to P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread