P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

I'm guessing tour. Even if it is the next deluxe edition, I assume it would be Ten Stories. They're going to have to include some unique audio in there to justify it. The original box was great, and there are too many releases for me to keep up on to worry about a matching spine.

I would agree as well. Ten Stories wise I feel like even with a fresh variant people will still buy it up. A because it is mewithoutYou and B because I personally would be sold on the matching spines, it looks nice on the shelf. 

oh, people will definitely buy it for sure. I'm not a variant collector though, so I'm currently convincing myself I don't need it. Same with [Untitled], if they ever do that. The original box is going to be hard to beat. I'll definitely double dip on Pale Horses though. The concept was nice, but it ended up turning out pretty shitty. Mine is ripped and smooshed and doesn't sit on the shelf nice.

18 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

That same teaser begins with “Coming soon to home video” – I’m leaning towards a livestream?

I would guess this. IMO they probably still want to wrap things up as a band, so a livestream gives them the chance to check that box and then maybe they do a tour with whatever setlist they want to go out on.

The Brother Sister-era live shows were so good. I saw them at Cornerstone 2006 on the main stage where they let Psalters and all their other Christian hippie friends (including a giant bird made of discarded items from the dumpster) just come up and dance with them. A real treat to witness that on the same massive stage that also hosted, like, Toby Mac.

I'd love to see a fully-produced livestream of the album similar to what Underoath did. I think the "whole album front-to-back" concept works way better in a controlled environment than as a live tour anyway, never been a fan of going to a show where I already know 2/3rds of the set list.

4 hours ago, AlexH. said:

The Brother Sister-era live shows were so good. I saw them at Cornerstone 2006 on the main stage where they let Psalters and all their other Christian hippie friends (including a giant bird made of discarded items from the dumpster) just come up and dance with them. A real treat to witness that on the same massive stage that also hosted, like, Toby Mac.

I'd love to see a fully-produced livestream of the album similar to what Underoath did. I think the "whole album front-to-back" concept works way better in a controlled environment than as a live tour anyway, never been a fan of going to a show where I already know 2/3rds of the set list.

Wondering and hoping that if they do a live in the studio sort of thing that they'll be get some of the guest artists for their respective parts.  Wonder what the psalters have been up to all this time?