P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread

They'll release a new rarities compilation of all the b-sides and whatnot that don't get included in these I'm calling it.

21 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah, not for [Untitled] which is an amazing package already.

Definitely for Pale Horses; that trifold deluxe is really so-so and the variant is whack.

Ten Stories… could go either way.  The deluxe is pretty box-like as is, I’d agree.

I'd buy Untitled again for completions sake but wouldn't sell my old copy like I've been doing.

9 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Hmm. Maybe write them and ask for a third option with the color of your choice. They seem down to fuck around with these things.

Thanks I'll let you know what they say. I like the gold one that It's All Crazy came with maybe they'll print one of those with the A->B info on it for me.

Got my black AB today! Much sooner after All Crazy than I expected. Haven't listened yet, but I am, once again, stoked about the little ways they find to make the packaging so unique.

Also, I was shocked when I saw how colorful the cover is. In my mind, AB has always had really monochromatic cover art, but upon closer inspection the color is there and it really pops on this packaging.

20 hours ago, rcafilm said:

Also, I was shocked when I saw how colorful the cover is. In my mind, AB has always had really monochromatic cover art, but upon closer inspection the color is there and it really pops on this packaging.

It does look really nice, but it's not really any colorful than previous presses (I thought the same as you). It's slightly more saturated, but marginal at best. I tried to capture it, but the texture on the box makes it seem less colorful in the photo (new box on the right, 2011 Gilead Media on the left).

spacer.png

The packaging is really nice. I like the black band, but the color they chose for the font makes it hard to see the LP1 on the spine. I guess I'll use the copper one since these are lined up in a series

1 hour ago, throwgncpr said:

I kind of wish they would just create and sell belly bands for the existing Ten Stories and [Untitled] boxes

I’m sure you could have your own made, maybe find other likeminded board members to make it all cheaper (like when a boarder was making weird slip covers for Brand New records).

But just to be clear… you would be disqualified from joining the complete collection club.

10 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I’m sure you could have your own made, maybe find other likeminded board members to make it all cheaper (like when a boarder was making weird slip covers for Brand New records).

But just to be clear… you would be disqualified from joining the complete collection club.

Eh, I don't really care about that. I'd rather have the most complete, best sounding set

• 1 month later...