P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread

7 hours ago, backpackoat said:

damn. so much Ten Stories erasure in this thread

This one's important to me as that record got me into the band, so will be all over a Ten Stories CE. Especially since my copy has seen a lot of action, wouldn't mind another copy to give it a break. 

• 1 month later...

Where is everybody on this one? The last six Instagram posts from the band have been cryptically building up to something and it looks like midnight tonight Eastern time there will be something up on mewithoutyou.com presumably to order. No idea what yet.

Each of the last six posts seem to have slowly played instrumental solo guitar renditions of the final song from each album.  Full discography box set as a going away present? Let the speculation ensue for the next several hours til we see exactly what it is.

Check it out:

https://www.instagram.com/mewithoutyou/

Just now, Derek™ said:

An all-encompassing boxset would be a filthy move after all these individual boxes.  I don't think I could do it.  Is a farewell live album feasible?  I think I still want the remaining albums to receive the same box treatment as everything else, first and foremost.

Yeah, I feel the same. 

I would guess it’s just dates for the summer farewell tour. But, I’d be excited if it was a live album, or something that had reimagined songs from all their albums. 

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

An all-encompassing boxset would be a filthy move after all these individual boxes.  I don't think I could do it.  Is a farewell live album feasible?  I think I still want the remaining albums to receive the same box treatment as everything else, first and foremost.

Yeah, I never went with deluxe on any of their stuff since they began doing that. Except for Pale Horses but that was a totally unique form of deluxe package unlike the ones they've been doing in the somewhat ubiquitous packaging style for the other albums and I only got it because it was the only way I could get it in black at the time.

Its probably not a retrospective box but its all I can think of based on the pattern of the musical accompaniment to the posts.

I'm already seeing dates start to appear for state's venues.  Something tells me that there's something more – an actual drop – at midnight.  That matches the pattern they've done for the majority of their recent pre-orders, I'm pretty sure.  Seems weird to make the East coast stay up so late just for a tour announcement, exclusively.

Just now, Derek™ said:

I'm already seeing dates start to appear for state's venues.  Something tells me that there's something more – an actual drop – at midnight.  That matches the pattern they've done for the majority of their recent pre-orders, I'm pretty sure.  Seems weird to make the East coast stay up so late just for a tour announcement, exclusively.

Good logic. Yeah, I hope its not something I'm going to want because I'm trying really hard to stick to a no-splurge budget right now.

Staying up to midnight just isn’t feasible for me when I have to be at work at 7 in the morning. Especially if I’m staying up just to make another purchase of at least fifty bucks ($250+? if it is their full catalog) But yeah a discography box set would be frustrating after all the individual deluxe reissues. 

The way I see it is, if they're going to release a box set of all albums after piecemeal releasing deluxe editions of individual albums, its pretty much just more ways for others to try to get their music physically. I kind of doubt if they were doing a full discography that it would be each album in the same format as the deluxe editions. It would likely be just the primary albums in single to double LP formats all together in a box leaving the deluxe editions unique in their format and content.

6 minutes ago, Coldplay31169 said:

I want it to be a Ten Stories Box but I'm guessing it's a vinyl pressing of this https://www.discogs.com/release/7254163-mewithoutYou-Blood-Enough-For-Us-All

Ah! Nice guess. I was barely even cognizant that this existed but given the song title of track 4 and the theme of the posts, I'd say that's a really good indicator this could be it.

Spitballing here since it really does feel like there’s some kind of tie-in: any possibility that it could be a retro documentary on DVD / blu-ray?  Sort of like Swans’ Where Does A Body End? that came out a couple of years ago?  Band has been awfully quiet for a good while now, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if they were assembling footage and recording something special for a big sign-off.  These trailers are also way more cinematic and visual than the teasers for prior midnight drops, so… I dunno.  Complete speculation but something like that - involving a full band timeline - would check a lot of these theory boxes.

21 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Spitballing here since it really does feel like there’s some kind of tie-in: any possibility that it could be a retro documentary on DVD / blu-ray?  Sort of like Swans’ Where Does A Body End? that came out a couple of years ago?  Band has been awfully quiet for a good while now, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if they were assembling footage and recording something special for a big sign-off.  These trailers are also way more cinematic and visual than the teasers for prior midnight drops, so… I dunno.  Complete speculation but something like that - involving a full band timeline - would check a lot of these theory boxes.

I know we can rule out a new pillow case line since this band isn't Tool.

Just now, Coldplay31169 said:

I know we can rule out a new pillow case line since this band isn't Tool.

$800 autographed boxsets though…? 🤔

I guess we’ll find out in 2.5 hours.  Someone found some tour posters that “leaked” and they feature a cut tree as the main design, and reference Thrice / Bayside on the same bill.  Dream tour for a lot of folks who were big on post-hardcore, circa 2009 or so.

I really suspect it’s nothing to really stay up until midnight for.  It’d a 9 PM drop for me and I’m mildly curious but not holding my breath.