P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread

I don't see them coming back, at least not any time soon. Aaron is just sort of over it. Over the span of their career I've seen them at least 20 times and the shows more recently (last few years) he just seems tired. During A-B life tour a few years back he literally just left the stage for like 10 minutes at the show I was at. They had a good run, and a few years from now it would be tight to see a random tour but I also think it is really over. But hey still got a bunch of box sets still to get to so there's that.  Also, Saturdays show was amazing and emotional. 

Edited by danmpie7

1 hour ago, xfactor675 said:

Yeah I feel they are pretty straighforward on this, and it's not like "hey we're coming back next year" thing. I just hope they keep pressing the records, as I still need ab/foxes/ten stories and they never seem to be in stock together... 

UK store: https://mewithoutyou.awesomedistro.com

9 hours ago, whoa said:

They'll do an LCD Sound System and be back for a comeback tour in like 6 months or something!

As much as I would like that, I don’t see it happening. The manager shared on twitter that he still gets emails from EU-folk about when the EU farewell tour is happening, haha!

Anyway, lots of love and respect for this band! Hope they are happy how things came to a conclusion last weekend.

ps. The live stream was really good

4 minutes ago, joneboon said:

As much as I would like that, I don’t see it happening. The manager shared on twitter that he still gets emails from EU-folk about when the EU farewell tour is happening, haha!

Anyway, lots of love and respect for this band! Hope they are happy how things came to a conclusion last weekend.

ps. The live stream was really good

Yeah they should have done an EU part but they never got big here so it's understandable they didn't want to play 200 cap shows. Luckily I caught them on the vheissu tour one last time while I was in the US. 

2 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

Thanks but im not really into overpriced boxsets, that don't fit the shelves. I'll try zo stick with regular versions

Not sure what shelves you're using but they fit in Ikea cube shelves just fine, they're only about 1/4in taller than a regular sleeve.

Also, while I'm normally with you with the dislike of boxsets, especially single album boxsets, mwY does it right. I've very happily been replacing each album in my collection as they are released.

9 minutes ago, daegor said:

Not sure what shelves you're using but they fit in Ikea cube shelves just fine, they're only about 1/4in taller than a regular sleeve.

Also, while I'm normally with you with the dislike of boxsets, especially single album boxsets, mwY does it right. I've very happily been replacing each album in my collection as they are released.

You are right, I phrased it badly. Not their height is my main problem more like the way it ruins the continuity of the flow of the records on the shelf. I know i'm stupid, haha. But also don't like to spend more on them. 

1 hour ago, mufasa said:

I’m waiting for the discography box set haha. Actually the only missing album I have is untitled so I’d love a repress

I sold my copy of untitled because I can't stand will yip's dynamics-are-my-enemy mastering, if they literally took the stems and re-engineered it I'd buy a reissue lol

5 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

I sold my copy of untitled because I can't stand will yip's dynamics-are-my-enemy mastering, if they literally took the stems and re-engineered it I'd buy a reissue lol

like what happened... I feel like he went from amazing to not great...

22 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

You are right, I phrased it badly. Not their height is my main problem more like the way it ruins the continuity of the flow of the records on the shelf. I know i'm stupid, haha. But also don't like to spend more on them. 

Kinda feel you here ha. I put all my box sets at the end outside the flow or regular records. Cause every time I took out the Bright Eyes box it’d cause an entire cube to come crashing down ha. I still need to try methods of protecting those sleeves. Maybe 3D print a tray so it doesn’t get scuffed.

7 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Kinda feel you here ha. I put all my box sets at the end outside the flow or regular records. Cause every time I took out the Bright Eyes box it’d cause an entire cube to come crashing down ha. I still need to try methods of protecting those sleeves. Maybe 3D print a tray so it doesn’t get scuffed.

I bought some oversized sleeves for my smaller box sets/oversized record sleeves but would also like a way to protect the bigger ones like that Bright Eyes box. I feel like the material they used for that one is way more likely to wear down from sliding off the shelf than other boxes. 

20 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

I bought some oversized sleeves for my smaller box sets/oversized record sleeves but would also like a way to protect the bigger ones like that Bright Eyes box. I feel like the material they used for that one is way more likely to wear down from sliding off the shelf than other boxes. 

Edited by ejc625

2 hours ago, Bronchitis said:

Yeah, going to try the Sleeve City Box Set sleeves for my ~1” sets like MWY and The Wonder Years, but need a solution for giant boxes.

7 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

I just have all my box sets open side out and I’m able to pull whatever record I want out without taking the whole box set out. Helps to polybag all the records in the box, if you can, too.*For most box sets. There are some(Botch, ISIS, NUFAN) that this doesn’t work for.*

If you go to a fabric store and buy thin felt, you can double side tape it to the bottom of any record shelf and it’ll help with any “in/out” damage/shelf wear to a box set.

Edited by MyEnemy

14 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

If you go to a fabric store and buy thin felt, you can double side tape it to the bottom of any record shelf and it’ll help with any “in/out” damage/shelf wear to a box set.

That’s so crazy that it just might work. Such a simple thing that I never would have thought of myself. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...