P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread

27 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Did you order form the band page or the label page?

Received on Oct 4 from RFC:

Hello!

We wanted to give you an update on the mewithoutYou record that you pre-ordered. Unfortunately, there were a few delays at the pressing plant, and production is still a bit behind schedule. 

As is true with most mewithoutYou records, there are a lot of moving parts when setting up multiple variations of unique packaging options. The process to get every aspect of the art approved and set up to print properly took a little longer than we had anticipated, but the final product is going to be totally worth it.

We’re really sorry we couldn't get you your order in time for it's release date, but we’re very excited for you to finally get your record soon! Right now the plant is estimating that we will have the records by the end of this month. We'll start shipping them out as soon as we receive them, and you'll get an email with your tracking information. Of course, we'll keep you posted if there are any further delays.
If you have any questions about your order status, please just reply to this email. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

- RFC

The show in Toronto on Sunday night blew me away. So much frantic energy.

Aaron referred to 2,459 miles as 4,000 kilometres when he introduced the song.  That song coupled with Wendy & Betsy - Wow.

I stuck around after and met the guys - all really friendly, and all equally puzzled by the inner sleeve of (A--B) life they signed for me. . . seems none of them had seen it.

Honestly, this is an A+ album aside from Break On Through and Winter Solstice, which feel misplaced. Winter Solstice is fine, but just boring enough that I always want to skip it to get to the next really great song. And I'm always on such a high from the ending of Michael that it feels really weird to go into the tonal shift of Break On Through. Kinda feels like those two should have been relegated to the EP? Either way, stellar album and I can't wait to get my deluxe in when the time comes. These guys always knock their deluxe releases out of the park.

3 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

Probably blue based on the pressing info.

Guess so. 2500 just doesn't seem like a lot for the standard worldwide release. I haven't paid attention to previous album pressing numbers as they relate to retail sales, since I've pre-ordered them or purchased them via Discogs after the fact. 

3 hours ago, rcafilm said:

Honestly, this is an A+ album aside from Break On Through and Winter Solstice, which feel misplaced. Winter Solstice is fine, but just boring enough that I always want to skip it to get to the next really great song. And I'm always on such a high from the ending of Michael that it feels really weird to go into the tonal shift of Break On Through. Kinda feels like those two should have been relegated to the EP? Either way, stellar album and I can't wait to get my deluxe in when the time comes. These guys always knock their deluxe releases out of the park.

Solstice is on the EP, it’s just a more stripped down, slower version.

11 hours ago, jeromium said:

Guess so. 2500 just doesn't seem like a lot for the standard worldwide release. I haven't paid attention to previous album pressing numbers as they relate to retail sales, since I've pre-ordered them or purchased them via Discogs after the fact. 

2500 is huge number alone and the full first pressing is 5000 units. Also, Pale horses /3000 color is still widely available. And technically it's not a worldwide release as Europe is handled by Big Scary Mosters. 

Edited by xfactor675

On 10/13/2018 at 2:41 PM, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

Another black w/ splatter fail. 

On 10/13/2018 at 3:00 PM, Derek™ said:

At this point I almost consider it par for the course and tip my hat to the rare label tha may get it right, once a blue moon.

What was that supposed to be?

12 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

It’s rare, but some plants are capable of actually pressing white splatter (speckles) onto black vinyl.  99% of the time you get black with limited, faint grey streaks.

Ok. I've only really seen white with black splatter come out with real definition in the splatter bits. I can't think of any examples of the opposite looking like anything but that picture but I'm sure they're out there. I never rely on a variant to look as ideally as described in a pre-order before the LP's are even manufactured. If I want something that isn't black, I usually wait to see existing examples of how it will look before grabbing it. I realize that's not always possible since a lot of variants sell out in the pre-order but that's another reason why black is always a safe bet for me.

1 hour ago, unfunfionn said:

Received the EP and LP in Germany today, which was a nice surprise because I thought the LP would ship in November. The pressings sound great. The EP colour (black inside white) is completely different to the mock-up though. It's a plain white vinyl with a few subtle black streaks right around the edge.

Nice, did you get a shipping confirmation?

• danmpie7 changed the title to P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread