P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread

Do we figure they will stop with the represses at Brother, Sister, or will they be doing a repress of all their albums (excluding maybe the recent Untitled stuff)?  Are they doing separate tours celebrating any of the subsequent albums? As maybe the one guy whose favorite mwY albums go (1) It's All Crazy, (2) Brother Sister, I'm trying to determine how best to allocate my funds. 

20 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

Do we figure they will stop with the represses at Brother, Sister, or will they be doing a repress of all their albums (excluding maybe the recent Untitled stuff)?  Are they doing separate tours celebrating any of the subsequent albums? As maybe the one guy whose favorite mwY albums go (1) It's All Crazy, (2) Brother Sister, I'm trying to determine how best to allocate my funds. 

It's All Crazy would be the only other one they could do a deluxe/reissue on. Everything after that had a deluxe at the time of release

• danmpie7 changed the title to P.O. NOW MewithoutYou (Ultimate Extended) {Untitled} EP & LP
2 hours ago, ntslash said:

I was hoping there would be some bonus material. I already have a nice vinyl copy, so I'm going to skip this release. I guess I'll buy some tickets even though the tour will probably be postponed or canceled. 

Yeah, I do wonder if there's anything in the vaults that we'll see sometime down the road. Their indie-era albums all generated enough B-sides to justify those bonus EPs, but it seems like they must have kept things pretty tight in the studio on the Tooth & Nail albums if even these big box sets don't have unreleased material. They could've at least done a flexi or something of the "Sweater" demo!

I'm just relieved that the black box set lasted through this morning, I will never understand why they put all this work into the mastering and packaging of their releases and then go with the dorkiest swirl/splatter combos possible, which usually look nasty and always have hella surface noise.

21 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

Damn, just realizing that I never got any copies of the CFUTF repress and its completely sold out now. Fuuuuuuu.....

I have a couple of other editions but I was excited to hear this new one. I think I just up and forgot to get it.

2 hours ago, Andthejets27 said:

Damn, I waited too long on Foxes and now it looks like it’s gone. What are the chances if will be pressed again?

It's still available on the UK store!

http://mewithoutyou.awesomedistro.com/products/656300-catch-for-us-the-foxes-vinyl

I ordered last night and got shipping confirmation earlier this morning. Only downside is 12 quid for shipping, but I'm glad I didn't miss out on it.

2 hours ago, AlexH. said:

Yeah, I do wonder if there's anything in the vaults that we'll see sometime down the road. Their indie-era albums all generated enough B-sides to justify those bonus EPs, but it seems like they must have kept things pretty tight in the studio on the Tooth & Nail albums if even these big box sets don't have unreleased material. They could've at least done a flexi or something of the "Sweater" demo!

I'm just relieved that the black box set lasted through this morning, I will never understand why they put all this work into the mastering and packaging of their releases and then go with the dorkiest swirl/splatter combos possible, which usually look nasty and always have hella surface noise.

I can't tell if the demo is supposed to be that high pitched or if it's just a classic case of LP60s spinning at the wrong speed

SO I was on the fence about picking up the "Both Worlds" variant but was worried about the quality, as my color copy of CFUTF sounds pretty bad. Looks to be sold out now, but was wondering if the colored variants on the deluxe versions sound any better since they're 45 RPM or is it just the pressing plant they use in general? If so I'm going to snag a black copy of the deluxe... Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • danmpie7 changed the title to P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread