P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread

Just now, OU818 said:

Guess I'm spending a weekend in New Jersey. I wonder which would be more infuriating: when they release Untitled's box set in the same format and it's way less cool than the original, or not releasing it and ruining the uniformity of the reissues. Ten Stories is super underrated

I'd be ok with either lol

Definitely considering black single LP Ten Stories. I have dark blue gray splatter type copy of that from one of the first pressings. I don't spin that album much but I know I'm very fond of it. 

Feeling compelled to grab It's All Crazy... on black single LP as well just for completions sake despite my feelings about that album. Would love to see them in May but I'm just not sure if I can make that happen. 

Gonna sleep on this. Spinning OG black CFUTF right now. Missed out on that repress from a couple years ago. Glad my Gilead Media copies kill it. 

Grabbed a black set of course. Will definitely try to catch them on the road, I've seen them a few times and they're always great. I was talking to a friend the other day about the concept of "favorite band" and realized that these guys have probably put out the most consistently excellent work over the past 21 years. Where a lot of other bands put out great stuff and then nosedive, these guys have managed to keep it up and keep fresh. Will definitely miss them.

5 minutes ago, rcafilm said:

these guys have managed to keep it up and keep fresh.

Not only that but they were getting progressively better as time went on.  All said and done, PH and [Untitled] are two of my favorite records of theirs.  What a trajectory they were on at the end there.  They really managed to transcend the high-school post-hardcore scene, for me.

Wasn't expecting this. But grabbed the deluxe to keep with the previous 4.

Definitely a band that has been a big part of my musical palette since 2003. I've seen them 3 times touring CFUTF (with Bear VS. Shark) , B,S (with Say Anything) and TS (with Fucked Up and Thursday) and they kill it every time.

Haven't been to a show since Feb 2020. Maybe I'll see them in Toronto one last time. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Caught these guys on their farewell tour last night. Been a long time fan but never seen them before. Holy hell did they bring it last night! Great setlist with a mix of everything, tons of energy, and the sound was awesome. Pretty much every song sounded much better live. 

If you have a chance to see them, I highly recommend. Far exceeded expectations even though they didn't play Rainbow Signs, which is my favorite song of theirs. 

2 hours ago, ntslash said:

Caught these guys on their farewell tour last night. Been a long time fan but never seen them before. Holy hell did they bring it last night! Great setlist with a mix of everything, tons of energy, and the sound was awesome. Pretty much every song sounded much better live. 

If you have a chance to see them, I highly recommend. Far exceeded expectations even though they didn't play Rainbow Signs, which is my favorite song of theirs. 

My wife and I have seen them upwards to 20+ times and every time I see them they are so on point. They do have a good couple of songs that consistently play, which isn't a bad thing but seeing these set lists for this final tour has me that much more excited. Got tickets to the Philly shows. Can't wait. 

• 3 months later...

so a few weeks ago I laid out all my mwY records to take a discography collections picture and I realized that my untitled deluxe clear/split variant actually also includes one "space" variant (white blob in clear) as the C/D disc - anyone else's copies also like this? I remember the pre-order of this being forever I just figured they all came like this lol 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cgh_fU-pwaO/