P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread

Just now, mcpherson123 said:

Nice.

They’re also great about canceling orders – hassle-free and speedy – and also super transparent when release dates change or if there are any other delays.  I find that they’re my go-to with just about any pre-order where I’m not gunning for a particularly rare or exclusive variant.

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

They’re also great about canceling orders – hassle-free and speedy – and also super transparent when release dates change or if there are any other delays.  I find that they’re my go-to with just about any pre-order where I’m not gunning for a particularly rare or exclusive variant.

I wanna say that I've ordered from them before but if so it hasn't been many things. I've haven't been doing many pre-orders lately though. I definitely have noticed everybody pretty much sings their praises.

44 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I wanna say that I've ordered from them before but if so it hasn't been many things. I've haven't been doing many pre-orders lately though. I definitely have noticed everybody pretty much sings their praises.

Ride the bullmoose, dude. They’re my favorite online retailer. Like Derek, if I’m not going for something specific, it’s a safe bet BM will be stocking the indie and black variants and get it to me on or before release day. They aren’t shy about shipping something out on a Tuesday or Wednesday that is released Friday.

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

Yo, those complaining about white-on-white.... did you not read the details when you pre-ordered??  This is exactly what I expected from the description, they had pictures of the book, you could see that it was nearly unreadable.

1 minute ago, rcafilm said:

I feel like in decent lighting it's actually not that hard to read...?

I was going to say something similar to this.  I’m a sucker for sheens and finishes, and subtle effects.  The packaging on this is a wet dream for me, but it definitely doesn’t do as well in dim lighting.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I was going to say something similar to this.  I’m a sucker for sheens and finishes, and subtle effects.  The packaging on this is a wet dream for me, but it definitely doesn’t do as well in dim lighting.

Yeah I've listened to my copy a few times and flipped through the book and in the right lighting it's not that hard, but it can be hard. If anything, it'll just force me to do what vinyl is for and sit down and listen and read along.

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, mootloot said:

mewithoutYou will no longer be an “active band” at the end of 2020. They will do a Brother, Sister tour in late spring and a farewell tour next Fall. They mentioned some special re-issues so let’s hope of CFUF!! 

Source on the tours? I haven’t been able to find any info. 

3 hours ago, Buffbloom said:

Wonder if the tour is with Circa. They just announced a big spring tour. 

that would mean it's a double headlining tour probably, as mwY said they're going to celebrate Brother, Sister. that would rule. and they did something similar a few years back with Circa. 

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, rcafilm said:

Guessing this means a CFUTF repress, very excited. I was lucky enough to snag one of the last copies of the last pressing as my first record back in 2011, but it has a pretty bad surface noise problem. Would love for this to get the deluxe 2x45 treatment.

Can't listen right now. Is this definitely playing sound from CFUTF?

4 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Can't listen right now. Is this definitely playing sound from CFUTF?

It is not.  It shows an illustration of a leaf / tree that’s strikingly similar to their website during the CFUTF era.  FB sleuths have also pointed out that this new snippet has the word “Look!” in the same font as “Attention!” from some sort of January 1979 video — I’m not familiar with it, myself, but I buy it.  Furthermore, red is simply synonymous with CFUTF and foxes in general.  Super safe bet.

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

It is not.  It shows an illustration of a leaf / tree that’s strikingly similar to their website during the CFUTF era.  FB sleuths have also pointed out that this new snippet has the word “Look!” in the same font as “Attention!” from some sort of January 1979 video — I’m not familiar with it, myself, but I buy it.  Furthermore, red is simply synonymous with CFUTF and foxes in general.  Super safe bet.

I dig all that. That could be really cool if it is finally the repress. Could really suck if its cut from CD like the recent A-->B was.

• danmpie7 changed the title to P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread