P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread

haven't gotten anything, but also no shipping notification.
two questions – should i expect a shipping notification first?
and did anyone who got theirs also have a tape in their order? wonder if my copy hasn't shipped yet due to tapes not being in yet...
figured id ask here before i bug Mike/mwY

15 hours ago, copelandkid said:

haven't gotten anything, but also no shipping notification.
two questions – should i expect a shipping notification first?
and did anyone who got theirs also have a tape in their order? wonder if my copy hasn't shipped yet due to tapes not being in yet...
figured id ask here before i bug Mike/mwY

Yes to shipping confirmation.

No tape for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Deluxe delayed until sometime in March. Who has mwY pre-order bingo?

This band has the absolute worst luck with deluxe vinyl editions, holy shit.

On the plus side, we're getting a spare "off-centered" slipcase.  Already scheming of ways to repurpose it to hold other records, potentially, or something else entirely.

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

This band has the absolute worst luck with deluxe vinyl editions, holy shit.

On the plus side, we're getting a spare "off-centered" slipcase.  Already scheming of ways to repurpose it to hold other records, potentially, or something else entirely.

I factored in up to +6 months of buffer before I’d allow myself to be bummed.  I do wish I had split my order up so I could check out the single LP version, but it seems like most people are pretty unimpressed by it anyways.

I know shipping is a factor, but... wouldn't it make sense to send out the full, misprinted set (with a note saying it's not the final product, of course) so people could at least have the vinyl in-hand, and then mail out replacement slipcases when they become available? Especially if we're going to end up with both cases anyway.

30 minutes ago, rcafilm said:

I know shipping is a factor, but... wouldn't it make sense to send out the full, misprinted set (with a note saying it's not the final product, of course) so people could at least have the vinyl in-hand, and then mail out replacement slipcases when they become available? Especially if we're going to end up with both cases anyway.

Increased time, effort and cost. They aren’t amazon. Can’t blame them for pushing the whole thing. Now what they could do is offer to let people choose to wait or to just receive the bad slip case version now with no corrected case shipped later. But they don’t seem to want to compromise their vision.

1 hour ago, joneboon said:

did they sent out an email? ordered at the EU shop, didn't receive anything

We have good news... and unfortunately bad news as well. The good news is that on January 7th all one-thousand copies arrived safe and sound at our storage facility here in Philadelphia.

The bad news is that due a proofing error by the printers, Vasily Kafanov’s iconic album artwork was printed off-center and is mis-aligned on the slipcase, creating unexpected and off-centered margins for the border. Some could see this as a small gripe. Some might not even notice  (at first). But we do not believe this end result meets our standards of quality (especially for a limited collector’s edition).

The plan now is to address these alignment issues have the slipcases re-printed and re-shipped to us. Under normal circumstances this would only delay delivery a couple weeks, but since we do all our own fulfillment in-house we will be delayed even further due to our upcoming time on the road with Thrice which starts at the end of January and continues through end of the next month. This means is that these collector’s editions will not be shipping until sometime in March when we return.

For whatever it may be worth to you,  anyone who purchased this collector’s edition will now be receiving both the the off-centered slipcases as well as the newly re-printed version. And it should be stated that we have inspected all the other elements of the packaging and they do live up to our quality standards and we are eager for you all to get your hands and ears on this very special release.

If you have any questions or concerns or need to update your shipping address please feel free to contact us at:

[email protected]

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, rcafilm said:

If you're all ready to do this again, they've posted another teaser video. Very similar to last time, but with rain sounds à la Messes of Men. Date is Friday, March 13th. IIRC from last time, that should be the pre-order date.

Or it could be something completely different?

Reminded me of "Messes of Men" also. It's likely some sort of reissue of Brother, Sister.

• danmpie7 changed the title to P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread