P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread

12 minutes ago, Velocity of Sound said:

I hope you enjoy the pops in your white vinyl then. 

https://www.gottagrooverecords.com/vinyl-colors/

"No doubt, you will find many competing theories on the subject of color vinyl sound quality.  The information on this page is based solely upon our experience running the various colors which are readily available in the USA today."

I've never had a record not have pops from GG I think they're just covering their asses

They say trash marble sounds the same as white, that's just laughable.

Edited by ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡

Just now, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

I was wondering about that and it can't be what it seems. Seems really weird.

I doubt its going to be a straight up cover and I doubt its going to be a rewrite of the Doors song akin to the differences between "Nice & Blue" and "Nice & Blue Pt. Two" but I don't know.

11 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Regarding the LP, can we talk about how interesting it is that the band has made a sequel to a song they didn't write?

2 minutes ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

I was wondering about that and it can't be what it seems. Seems really weird.

If it actually is in the same manner that they've done previous sequels I'm stoked.  If it's something else (lyrical/thematic only?) I have no idea.

On October 5th are putting out our 7th album [Untitled] through Run For Cover Records and today we've put out the [untitled] e.p., the subtler cousin to the more aggressive full-length. Both are on sale now at mewithoutyou.com

In another topic, this quote was posted on Facebook by the band's page essentially confirming that the LP will be "more aggressive." More aggressive than the EP is not a very high benchmark for aggression but I feel like it will be at least as aggressive as "Julia...." or more so. I'm excited. I think it will be great.  Love the EP too.

40 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

In another topic, this quote was posted on Facebook by the band's page essentially confirming that the LP will be "more aggressive." More aggressive than the EP is not a very high benchmark for aggression but I feel like it will be at least as aggressive as "Julia...." or more so. I'm excited. I think it will be great.  Love the EP too.

I was thinking that the EP would likely be 'the calm before the storm' sonically. The album art for the EP is a very neat little ball of color and the art for the LP is the same scheme but exploded outward, and I hope that the music on the LP is the same contrast to the EP musically as it is visually. 

My guess is that the EP consists of songs leftover from the album recording sessions. They probably felt the songs that didn't make the  cut were coherent enough for an EP, unlike the deluxe extras from Pale Horses. I like the EP, but the songs definitely have a leftover feel.

Also, LOL @ the guys saying white vinyl sounds like glow-in-the-dark or picture discs.

21 hours ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

Holy moly did you hit $500 with shipping?

I wasn’t able to get everything so I’ll be looking in the secondary market but even then yes it was close to that (there’s also a EU/UK variant out) 

Edited by FlippingOut

Looking forward to this, nice surprise after a week out of town. Checked out the EP on Spotify yesterday and it's definitely calm. Just one cursory listen in the car though, will have to listen more. Gotta check out that Julia track on something other than my laptop speakers tomorrow. 

[Untitled] though...a bit overdone as an album or track name. But whatever. 

On 8/17/2018 at 5:17 AM, whoa said:

BSM is up http://www.bsmrocks.com/products/625149-mewithoutyou-untitled-album-untitled-e-p-vinyl-bundle-preorder

EDIT: But dropped dollar on the space bundle already so... whoops. International shipping was insanely cheap tho,

How cheap was your shipping? When I looked to just get the deluxe vinyl I got $80-ish shipping. I really want that version, but I don't want to pay quite that much! Oops, saw the answer a bit further up. Crossing my fingers for you!

Edited by Mattallurgist

5 hours ago, Mattallurgist said:

How cheap was your shipping? When I looked to just get the deluxe vinyl I got $80-ish shipping. I really want that version, but I don't want to pay quite that much! Oops, saw the answer a bit further up. Crossing my fingers for you!

Aw, sadly my order was cancelled (and fair enough, they would've been really out of pocket). But I've read on their Instagram that euro shipping is coming soon. Woo. 

31 minutes ago, whoa said:

Aw, sadly my order was cancelled (and fair enough, they would've been really out of pocket). But I've read on their Instagram that euro shipping is coming soon. Woo. 

That’s good to hear (apart from you having your order cancelled). It says one variant will be available, which I’m assuming will be the white.

Edited by Skacel

On 8/13/2018 at 7:24 AM, mcpherson123 said:

New song is awesome. I hope they keep this general feel and mix it with some Aaron aggression more up front on other songs. Still this song is legit as all fuck.

Listened to it proper for the first time this morning (Spotify "very high" quality) and the more aggressive vocal passages are quite low in the mix. 

Overall the song sounds great though.

• danmpie7 changed the title to P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread