P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread

19 minutes ago, Skacel said:

Was it? I was quoted $85 as cheapest shipping option...

If it’s anything like the last deluxe it will end up in their Euro store at some point. I’ll stick with the BSM version just now.

Whoa, that is nuts. I had a $5 (somehow) and $28 option. I guess with that shipping price hike I'm expecting my order to be cancelled (and fair enough).

37 minutes ago, Velocity of Sound said:

Grams don’t translate to sounds. 200g vinyl will sound the same as 140g vinyl. 

I am 1000% with you on the weight, it only reduces the chance of dishing or warping.  However, my understanding is that Black, Clear, and White can all be "audiofile" quality depending on the process and the store specifically states that it's undyed PVC, so in theory there is no audio quality loss due to the colour.

Earlier this year I saw these guys at the start of their tour and they mentioned they had just been in the studio and recorded way too many songs and weren't sure what to do with them. So it makes sense that the EP sounds a lot like a B-Sides album. Totally decent tunes, but they don't grab me like a mwY album does. I'm very glad to have them, but I'm much more excited for the LP.

4 minutes ago, sethdavid said:

I'm surprised by the artwork. It's very non-mwY and doesn't look like something by Vasily Kafinov. Does anyone know where  it's from or who it's by? 

https://www.kafanov.com/on-sale-this-week/old-man-and-fish-14-x-11-tymby-m6ble-blz7l-r48bs-5mk9c-8knsz-k3a9w

It's Kafinov

4 hours ago, Velocity of Sound said:

I’ve never heard white vinyl being described as “audiofile” before.  It might as well be a picture disc or glow in the dark vinyl,  either way, it’s not audiofile. 

All my audio files are on my laptop. And no it may as well not be glow in the dark or a picture disc that's just stupid.

2 hours ago, daegor said:

I am 1000% with you on the weight, it only reduces the chance of dishing or warping.  However, my understanding is that Black, Clear, and White can all be "audiofile" quality depending on the process and the store specifically states that it's undyed PVC, so in theory there is no audio quality loss due to the colour.

All white vinyl isn't dyed that's why it's white and not red or blue. Black vinyl isn't dyed either it's white vinyl with carbon for extra dampening to reduce chances of distortion. I'm glad people are starting to spread the truth about weight though.

36 minutes ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

All my audio files are on my laptop. And no it may as well not be glow in the dark or a picture disc that's just stupid.

I hope you enjoy the pops in your white vinyl then. 

https://www.gottagrooverecords.com/vinyl-colors/

(Surface noise 1= quietest / 8 = noisiest)

1. GGR Black vinyl  /  Natural Translucent

4. Transparent Colors

6. Non-Mixed Opaque Colors (excluding White)

7. White

7. Opaque Mix (Mixing opaque and translucent color(s) in particular; and also tend to have visible “staining” after a few hundred records, which can be seen in certain light, and causes a sound issue).

7-8. Random Color / Recycled Color Shades

8. Most hand-made variants

8-10. Glow In The Dark / Glitter Records

Edited by Velocity of Sound

• danmpie7 changed the title to P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread