P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread

49 minutes ago, mesi said:

Up on the EU/UK store for £60 plus shipping. Only the white. Comes out to £87 for me, so not sure if I’ll do it.

http://mewithoutyou.awesomedistro.com/products/625887-untitled-ep-album-collectors-edition

Thanks for the heads up! Copped that with quickness. 

EDIT:  Just realised I've gotten the white vinyl. Am I special needs now?

Edited by Mattallurgist

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, MCDELTAT said:

Sorry autocorrect has been killing me all day. “Certain”

Ah, well its been more than slightly certain its gonna be heavy since the first single silly. I dunno if I'm gonna hold off listening to any more until it drops but you guys reaction so far has me itching to listen.

6 minutes ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

Ah, well its been more than slightly certain its gonna be heavy since the first single silly. I dunno if I'm gonna hold off listening to any more until it drops but you guys reaction so far has me itching to listen.

I hear where you're coming from. I used to really be adamant about not listening to any songs from certain artists' new albums because I didn't want the album to wear out on me unevenly. I'm much more open to listening to multiple singles ahead of time these days. Maybe because I'm older and I hate more things about the day than I enjoy so I try to soak up every modicum of new music I can as soon as I can but I'm less concerned about spoiling albums now. I say go for it. These two singles are back to back on the album anyway. I just listened to "Red Cow" live after listening to these two songs and that song still slays me and I remember listening the shit out of it before the album came out.

1 minute ago, jeromium said:

Yup. I see no reason to be disappointed in this.

I’m trying to imagine what it’s like to be skeptical of an upcoming mewithoutYou record and I really can’t.

They kind of lost me with It’s All Crazy, so I didn’t know entirely what to expect from Ten Stories, but it seems like they’ve been killing it since.  Those first 3 albums are ace, too.  Minor blemish in an otherwise very consistent discography, for me.

Just now, Derek™ said:

I’m trying to imagine what it’s like to be skeptical of an upcoming mewithoutYou record and I really can’t.

Hide contents

They kind of lost me with It’s All Crazy, so I didn’t know entirely what to expect from Ten Stories, but it seems like they’ve been killing it since.  Those first 3 albums are ace, too.  Minor blemish in an otherwise very consistent discography, for me.

Same for me regarding your "hidden content" portion. I just can't do it with that album. Everything before and after is pretty much awesome.

The Fox, The Crow, The Cookie fucking slaps, but yeah I couldn't get into that album either.

I remember seeing a live video from that time where they played a mellow version of January 1979 and introduced it by saying "We wrote this when we we're angry but we aren't angry anymore". Like, they're your songs...but January 1979 is so good because it's a little bit angry (to me it always sounded "urgent" more than anything)

4 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

The Fox, The Crow, The Cookie fucking slaps, but yeah I couldn't get into that album either.

I remember seeing a live video from that time where they played a mellow version of January 1979 and introduced it by saying "We wrote this when we we're angry but we aren't angry anymore". Like, they're your songs...but January 1979 is so good because it's a little bit angry (to me it always sounded "urgent" more than anything)

The first time I listened I was so fucking stoked on Foxcrowcookie that I was actually excited to hear the rest of the album. What a bummer that day was.

4 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

I agree that It's All Crazy is my least favorite. For a while I said that CFUTF was my favorite but I think that may have shifted over to Brother, Sister.

I have to say that the first three albums are essentially the perfection of this band for me. Its hard to rank those three in particular but if I had to rank all of them it would probably look something like this:

1. Brother, Sister

2. Catch For Us The Foxes

3. (A) --> (B) Life

4. Pale Horses

5. Ten Stories

[.........Earth's mantle and lava and shit..............]

6. Its All Crazy! Its All False! Its All A Dream! Its Alright!

I seriously thought they were going to call it quits after It's All Crazy..... or just keep making progressively lighter and more 1-Dimensional albums. Some of the lyrics on some of the songs were so basic and nowhere near the caliber of all of Aaron's other lyrics on past albums but he definitely came back with a vengeance and has been on fire ever since. 

Edited by mcpherson123

6 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

We can all agree that The Fox, The Crow, The Cookie slaps though, right?

It's a slapper.  Have always enjoyed that one.  The album has some great moments here and there but they're hidden and sprinkled lightly in just a handful of songs, which is a far cry from their ability to write entire songs or albums that command the spotlight and hold it.

5 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

We can all agree that The Fox, The Crow, The Cookie slaps though, right?

Fuck yeah, I love that song. 

Not it sure what to expect for this album. I’ve avoided the singles, but did listen to the EP. it was pretty boring, IMO. 

Edited by Thomas³

15 hours ago, CatsNJazz said:

I think might be in the minority but I love Its Alll Crazy. The  song is great it's like a mix between CFUTF and Pale Horse sounds

9 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

I seriously thought they were going to call it quits after It's All Crazy..... or just keep making progressively lighter and more 1-Dimensional albums. Some of the lyrics on some of the songs were so basic and nowhere near the caliber of all of Aaron's other lyrics on past albums but he definitely came back with a vengeance and has been on fire ever since. 

I too really enjoy It's All Crazy... Definitely scratches a bit of a different itch, but shows their incredible range as musicians.

Also, The King Beetle has an amazing build, and is a brilliant tune all-around.

Lyrically  many of the songs remind me of fables that I read as a kid.

I'd disagree that it is 1 dimensional musically, just quieter, but still with a huge dynamic range.

• danmpie7 changed the title to P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread