P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread

52 minutes ago, CatsNJazz said:

5 more tracks leaked... I only got to listen to two so far and my mind is blown, this album is gonna be so god datin good.  The leaked tracks are 'Wendy & Betsy', 'New Wine, New Skin', 'Michael, Row Your Boat Ashore', 'Break On Through(To The Other Side Pt.2) and '2,459 Miles'. 

Is break on through actually a sequel to that song?

1 hour ago, helsabot said:

I like "it's all crazy" a lot, because it's different from the rest of their discography...even if i prefer the heavier stuff.

1) brother, sister

2) catch for us the foxes

3) pale horses

4) it's all crazy

5)a>b life

6)ten stories

yeah i second this sentiment (if not the entire order). there are some really neat things going on on that record. "every thought" is my favorite mwY song, so good! and they have a great approach to production  on it.
whereas Ten Stories, also my least favorite, is really hampered by poor production imo (strikingly unflattering/unnatural treatment on the vocals).  ruined the album for me.

52 minutes ago, copelandkid said:

whereas Ten Stories, also my least favorite, is really hampered by poor production imo (strikingly unflattering/unnatural treatment on the vocals).  ruined the album for me.

samesies. There are some great ideas on Ten Stories, but it just feels off because of the production.

Since we're doing this... I know I'll catch shit for putting CFUTF so low, but here's my ranking:

1) Brother, Sister

2) Pale Horses

3) It's All Crazy

4) [A->B] Life

5) Catch For Us the Foxes

6) Ten Stories

On 9/12/2018 at 2:28 PM, Derek™ said:

They kind of lost me with It’s All Crazy, so I didn’t know entirely what to expect from Ten Stories, but it seems like they’ve been killing it since.  Those first 3 albums are ace, too.  Minor blemish in an otherwise very consistent discography, for me.

This. Ten Stories didn't do much for me but at least it didn't suck.

On 9/12/2018 at 9:26 PM, mcpherson123 said:

I have to say that the first three albums are essentially the perfection of this band for me. Its hard to rank those three in particular but if I had to rank all of them it would probably look something like this:

1. Brother, Sister

2. Catch For Us The Foxes

3. (A) --> (B) Life

4. Pale Horses

5. Ten Stories

[.........Earth's mantle and lava and shit..............]

6. Its All Crazy! Its All False! Its All A Dream! Its Alright!

Also this.

[A-->B] Life was my favorite for a while as that's when I got into the band, then CFUTF eventually surpassed it, and ultimately Brother, Sister took the lead. Pale Horses was definitely their best since.

24 minutes ago, jeromium said:

This. Ten Stories didn't do much for me but at least it didn't suck.

Also this.

[A-->B] Life was my favorite for a while as that's when I got into the band, then CFUTF eventually surpassed it, and ultimately Brother, Sister took the lead. Pale Horses was definitely their best since.

I think this new album is going to basically blend all the best of Brother, Sister, Pale Horses and maybe some [A-->B] but also incorporate a different element of Shoegaze like the first single which is pretty new to mwY. There's nothing wrong with all that.

20 hours ago, CatsNJazz said:

5 more tracks leaked... I only got to listen to two so far and my mind is blown, this album is gonna be so god datin good.  The leaked tracks are 'Wendy & Betsy', 'New Wine, New Skin', 'Michael, Row Your Boat Ashore', 'Break On Through(To The Other Side Pt.2) and '2,459 Miles'. 

I would really like to hear these before I drop $200 (AUS) on the boxset. I love the Ten Stories box but never listen to it - wish I heard the album first! Can you direct me to the links?

7 minutes ago, rickydenim said:

I love the Ten Stories box but never listen to it - wish I heard the album first! Can you direct me to the links?

Ten Stories is my least favorite mwY album. I bought the box set, and in no way do I regret that decision. The band assembled those by hand, put a lot of heart into the record/product, it wasn't too expensive, and it's--in all honestly--not a bad album, just far from their best.

mewithoutYou is one of those bands that I have complete faith in and support, and will every time throw down on their box set, deluxe, whatever.

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Man, a couple of the singles had me intrigued with this album, but I’m glad they put their new album up on the bandcamp page because I almost preordered it...Not what I was hoping for unfortunately 

looks like youre in the very small minority. I don't even care about this band and I think this is fantastic.

2 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Man, a couple of the singles had me intrigued with this album, but I’m glad they put their new album up on the bandcamp page because I almost preordered it...Not what I was hoping for unfortunately 

First Nothing, now this - next you'll be saying you don't like tacos anymore.

• danmpie7 changed the title to P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread