P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread

It’s a pretty incredible package. I’ll keep it vague since it seems like people are still waiting but it was definitely worth the wait.

EDIT: Also it’s *huge* I just set it next to my other box sets and it’s substantially bigger than all of them. I admittedly don’t have a ton but it still shocked me just how thick this set is!

Edited by cantdance

Mine just came and it seems like one of the little lyric inserts for Winter Solstice (the album version) is missing in mine - can anyone who's got the package yet double-check whether theirs has an insert for both versions of the song and let me know please? I know it's a tiny thing, but it's gonna drive me nuts if it's missing!

Tiny bits aside, the package is gorgeous - the labelless records look amazing. I expected plain white LPs for the 'white' version but the 'natural' clear colour looks amazing.

Edited by Mattallurgist

3 hours ago, Mattallurgist said:

Mine just came and it seems like one of the little lyric inserts for Winter Solstice (the album version) is missing in mine - can anyone who's got the package yet double-check whether theirs has an insert for both versions of the song and let me know please?

Mine is also missing. Consider it more of a poignant statement, rather than an annoyance!

9 hours ago, bjorn said:

I assume this set will sound a bit better than the standard variants, which sounds pretty good already, but can anyone comment on the pressing quality?

I'm listening to it now and it's basically the same with the added bonus of more flips. My dog (who has great hearing btw) tells me it sounds wider, fuller, snappier (and also that she wants to be fed in return of this knowledge).

4 hours ago, Mattallurgist said:

Mine just came and it seems like one of the little lyric inserts for Winter Solstice (the album version) is missing in mine - can anyone who's got the package yet double-check whether theirs has an insert for both versions of the song and let me know please? I know it's a tiny thing, but it's gonna drive me nuts if it's missing!

I believe the purpose of the pockets is that it's the same lyrics between the two versions, so you can move the insert to whichever version you're listening to.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody, my first post. 

350 days later and I finally got what I paid for.  I'm a little too conflicted on this. The vinyl is maybe my favorite piece in my collection. I ordered the splatter. It's glass clear and elmer's glue white with intricate etching in the center. When it spins @45rpm it looks like a hurricane. The record sleeves are perhaps my favorite part of the package. If you haven't seen it yet I won't give it away but I was really joyful to see the little surprise extra mile effort on them.

The book is giant and you can tell a lot of work went into. However it's beauty is almost lost due to the fact that you can hardly see anything in it. It's like MWY gave you bonus cataracts with the book. Honestly I don't get it. Why make something so beautiful and turn it into a hid and seek game. One or two pages maybe, but almost every page? 

The albums themselves are on the low end of my favorites for MWY. I think they could have made one solid offering and left the rest on the cutting floor. I don't know, maybe it will grow on me. 

Still I'm glad to have it in the collection, just not all the unnecessary baggage that came with it. 

4 hours ago, Seanbo said:

Hi everybody, my first post. 

350 days later and I finally got what I paid for....Still I'm glad to have it in the collection, just not all the unnecessary baggage that came with it. 

Pro tip- don’t make the first thing you say some entitled shit about a band that gave regular updates on this and the related delays.

pro tip 2- you know they pressed this in a standard single jacket, too, right? so all that design and effort that went into this package (unnecessary baggage, as you call it) isn’t mandatory.

welcome to the site, be less of an ass

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

1 hour ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Pro tip- don’t make the first thing you say some entitled shit about a band that gave regular updates on this and the related delays.

pro tip 2- you know they pressed this in a standard single jacket, too, right? so all that design and effort that went into this package (unnecessary baggage, as you call it) isn’t mandatory.

welcome to the site, be less of an ass

I'm not sure you know what entitled means.  When you purchase something, you're not being entitled for wanting to receive that item in a reasonable time frame.  They were obviously chill enough to wait it out.

The point about the book being hard to read is valid, but it's art and I think that the OP appreciates it in that sense.  As far as it being unnecessary baggage, well, yeah... Buy the standard edition.

But still, don't gotta be so mean about it.

1 hour ago, Buffbloom said:

I'm not sure you know what entitled means.  When you purchase something, you're not being entitled for wanting to receive that item in a reasonable time frame.  They were obviously chill enough to wait it out.

The point about the book being hard to read is valid, but it's art and I think that the OP appreciates it in that sense.  As far as it being unnecessary baggage, well, yeah... Buy the standard edition.

But still, don't gotta be so mean about it.

The unnecessary baggage was the part that annoyed me. Seems awfully disrespectful to the band that has consistently put lots of effort and love into their deluxe packaging. Especially when there’s, what? A half dozen standard variants?

but yeah you right, lesson learned, no posting before coffee. 

I think @Seanbo just meant the "baggage" was all the delays. I didn't get the impression they meant some piece of the content in the package was "baggage" but maybe I'm wrong.

But the fair point regarding the delays, as many have stated, they kept you in the loop about really well. Unlike SRC.

1 minute ago, mcpherson123 said:

I think @Seanbo just meant the "baggage" was all the delays. I didn't get the impression they meant some piece of the content in the package was "baggage" but maybe I'm wrong.

But the fair point regarding the delays, as many have stated, they kept you in the loop about really well. Unlike SRC.

Im starting to get on the fuck src bandwagon. I order all their shit from bullmoose so I’m not out money but the delays are crazy.

i should’ve grabbed a copy of this

• danmpie7 changed the title to P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread