P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread

3 minutes ago, JRHews said:

Video up, it's Catch for Us the foxes repress. Up at 12pm est. 11/22.

I'm always confused by this though...is it midnight tonight, or tomorrow?

If it is 12 pm, it will be noon tomorrow, eh?

edit: nevermind, it says midnight, not 12 pm

Edited by Mars

16 minutes ago, Mars said:

If it is 12 pm, it will be noon tomorrow, eh?

edit: nevermind, it says midnight, not 12 pm

Sorry yea, 12 midnight.

16 minutes ago, copelandkid said:

midnight tonight, i.e. the very first minute where 11/21 becomes 11/22

I'm brain dead rn in the morns, thank you, that makes sense! 

It’s wishful thinking but I’d love to see a deluxe version alongside a standard repress for those who just want a basic copy, no bells and whistles.  Deluxe could maybe have some demos or unreleased material from the era, if it exists.  Additional liner notes / thoughts on each track.  Maybe bound together in some sort of hardcover edition — nothing as beefy as that [Untitled] deluxe, necessarily, but I’m game for whatever.

Just now, Matt Danish said:

Listened to CFUTF for the first time like two weeks ago. This is perfect timing.

What a time to be alive.  It’s my favorite “early” mwY album, personally.  Pale Horses and the untitled LP + EP give it some fierce competition... but of all the shit I sort of outgrew from my highschool tastes, CFUTF holds up strong.  Can’t believe it’s been completely OOP for the better part of a decade now.

9 minutes ago, Matt Danish said:

I had never listened to them until this thread resurfaced a few months back. Immediately bought Untitled and Pale Horses. I've been on a huge Ten Stories and CFUTF kick for the last week. I can't believe I slept on this band for so long.

Very nice.  A-B Life is solid, Brother, Sister is fantastic, too — those two alongside CFUTF have the most “bite” in their discography, in my opinion.  Would be really curious to hear your thoughts on It’s All Crazy..., if you get around to it too.

I really like It's All Crazy... It's not a terrible album, it just lacked the aggression they included on other releases. Some of the songs are really well written. The Beetle King rules.

Perhaps I'm the crazy one, but CFUTF is one of my least favorite mwY records. It's a bit of transition, musically, and I get why people love it, but it can't touch Brother, Sister which I adore.

I have CFTUF, so I'd be down for some kind of deluxe version that had extra audio content.

3 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

I really like It's All Crazy... It's not a terrible album, it just lacked the aggression they included on other releases. Some of the songs are really well written. The Beetle King rules.

This... although I disagree with your take on CFUTF

Edited by Mars

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

It’s wishful thinking but I’d love to see a deluxe version alongside a standard repress for those who just want a basic copy, no bells and whistles.  Deluxe could maybe have some demos or unreleased material from the era, if it exists.  Additional liner notes / thoughts on each track.  Maybe bound together in some sort of hardcover edition — nothing as beefy as that [Untitled] deluxe, necessarily, but I’m game for whatever.

Would throw a dumb amount of money at a deluxe edition and then hibernate for one year while I wait for it to show up.

• danmpie7 changed the title to P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread