PO Now: Cloud Nothings - Last Building Burning

5 hours ago, duckydan said:

listened to this twice this morning on my commute and i'm really digging it. i think those that were let down by LWS will be happier with this one. will definitely be grabbing the clear from my local shop

3 hours ago, duckydan said:

personally i really liked LWS (although not my favorite) and i'm enjoying this as well. its got a heavier sound then LWS tho for sure

2 hours ago, CatsNJazz said:

This band can do no wrong 

Rolled out of bed early to download and sync this for work today, and was gutted when I clocked in and discovered the sync failed.  But reading these posts has me excited and looking forward to jamming it this evening.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Rolled out of bed early to download and sync this for work today, and was gutted when I clocked in and discovered the sync failed.  But reading these posts has me excited and looking forward to jamming it this evening.

It's simultaneously their heaviest, catchiest and most experimental, gonna be jamming this a lot 

1 hour ago, CatsNJazz said:

most experimental

Dylan’s always been ahead of his “class” since he was a child. Right now, he’s been listening to a lot of free jazz, so that makes sense. Not to mention Jayson and TJ have always been into stranger music. 

Also, have you seen the support for this upcoming tour? Way off the grid in the best way.

Edited by MyEnemy

So I listened to this expecting something great after your guys comments. This sounds like the attack with a 4 minute feeback/jazz fill drumming part. Not sure where this "album" is experimental at all. Pretty much just a return to the more raw and less polished sound of the last record. Not a bad album but not something that I imagine I would listen to alot

With that said, I am excited for their tour because my cities date includes Nap Eyes which is a great band

19 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

So I listened to this expecting something great after your guys comments. This sounds like the attack with a 4 minute feeback/jazz fill drumming part. Not sure where this "album" is experimental at all. Pretty much just a return to the more raw and less polished sound of the last record. Not a bad album but not something that I imagine I would listen to alot

With that said, I am excited for their tour because my cities date includes Nap Eyes which is a great band

I think the middle of Dissolution and the accompanying drum solo is probably the most experimental thing the band has done, and the following noisy climax can be classified as "experimental" even if it calls back to Wasted Days.  Their last album put hooks on display and scratched the pop itch – this new one is less groundbreaking than it is a return to prior sounds where guitars reign supreme.  I've listened to it probably 5-6 times since Friday and am wholeheartedly enjoying it.  But I also think their 2012 + 2014 albums stand the test of time, and revisit them often... so maybe I'm biased.

36 minutes ago, hookedonsonics said:

So do the North American clear editions come with a hype sticker? My local store had a couple, no stickers but mirrorboard sleeves.

Hype sticker was present on my copy from Carpark.

2 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

Why did you quote unquote the word "album"? Is it fake? Haha. One comment called it experimental btw. I think it's about as out there as anything else they've done.

5 hours ago, hookedonsonics said:

So do the North American clear editions come with a hype sticker? My local store had a couple, no stickers but mirrorboard sleeves.

both black and clear copies have the mirrorboard sleeve. clear copies are labeled as such

Edited by duckydan

• 2 months later...