PO Now: Saves The Day - 9 (Out on October 26, 2018)

15 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

Maybe just hold off ordering in the first place

Or I could just do exactly what I did so if the album ends up being good I'm locked in for the variant I want. If I don't dig it I can always cancel and someone else ends up with it. Sorry if you're worried about it selling out before you pick one up, which is the only reason I can imagine you would be upset that I said what I said. It's not as it I don't already like Saves the Day in general. Sorry, dude.

8 hours ago, Ishtar said:

Or I could just do exactly what I did so if the album ends up being good I'm locked in for the variant I want. If I don't dig it I can always cancel and someone else ends up with it. Sorry if you're worried about it selling out before you pick one up, which is the only reason I can imagine you would be upset that I said what I said. It's not as it I don't already like Saves the Day in general. Sorry, dude.

I’m just categorically opposed to this purchasing mentality. If you purchase something keep it. You know what you are buying. The idea that you can just cancel or return an order whenever you want is a me first approach. The result is that the price has to go up to accommodate your buying behaviors. 

22 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

I’m just categorically opposed to this purchasing mentality. If you purchase something keep it. You know what you are buying. The idea that you can just cancel or return an order whenever you want is a me first approach. The result is that the price has to go up to accommodate your buying behaviors. 

I never said anything about returning something, and I agree that people who order things, try them out and return them are the worst. I said I would cancel my order if the second single is as garbage as the first which has absolutely no effect on price.

I don't know what I'm buying based off one single though. The fact is, this variant may sell  out before I'm able to get a better idea of what I'm buying though. I would never just buy and return things, that's a waste of resources, but a cancellation after getting more information doesn't waste anything but my time and literally less than a second of computational power.

Hell, if @diabretic misses out on this /500 due to not having funds available right now and I decide I'm not into this, maybe I just change my shipping address to his house since he's a good dude.

Again, doing what I'm doing effects the price in no way whatsoever, and I don't know how you could possibly think it would. Nothing has been packaged yet, no postage has been paid, no man-hours have gone into preparing my order. I can't imagine they even have these in hand yet. So again, the only reason I can see for this upsetting you is that you're afraid you won't get one, which is fine, but just come out and say that

2 hours ago, Buffbloom said:

Why in hell would you order something you don't even want just so that you can change your mind later??  If you don't like it, who cares which variant you get?  None of this makes sense.

No one doesn't want this. I've ordered the /500 in hopes that the rest of the album is better than this single, secure in the fact that if the next single is also garbage I can cancel my order. You two seem confused that I just don't want this album but ordered it anyway. Likely I'll be keeping this order, the first single was hot garbage though. 

It's almost as if you personally are acting stupid on purpose though.

I like Saves the Day. I have every album so far but In Reverie (can't justify aftermarket price), so why wouldn't I order a very limited variant of a new album even if the first single is garbage. I'm also not going to blindly support a band if the whole album is bad, and there has definitely been a downward trend with them as far as quality goes. If I end up not liking the next single, my order will get cancelled and be available to someone else.

Edited by Ishtar

3 hours ago, Tidal Wave said:

There are costs to a business that result from canceling an order. If you want I can explain some, but it sounds like you have already justified your purchase to yourself. 

Go ahead and explain that to me then, please. I'd like to hear it.

On 8/15/2018 at 7:33 AM, Ishtar said:

I never said anything about returning something, and I agree that people who order things, try them out and return them are the worst. I said I would cancel my order if the second single is as garbage as the first which has absolutely no effect on price.

I don't know what I'm buying based off one single though. The fact is, this variant may sell  out before I'm able to get a better idea of what I'm buying though. I would never just buy and return things, that's a waste of resources, but a cancellation after getting more information doesn't waste anything but my time and literally less than a second of computational power.

Hell, if @diabretic misses out on this /500 due to not having funds available right now and I decide I'm not into this, maybe I just change my shipping address to his house since he's a good dude.

Again, doing what I'm doing effects the price in no way whatsoever, and I don't know how you could possibly think it would. Nothing has been packaged yet, no postage has been paid, no man-hours have gone into preparing my order. I can't imagine they even have these in hand yet. So again, the only reason I can see for this upsetting you is that you're afraid you won't get one, which is fine, but just come out and say that

Not just because you mentioned me here, I’m not sure why anyone has a problem with you buying this and then maybe cancelling. I’ve cancelled a few pre-orders in my day, for one reason or another. It’s not that big of a deal. 

2 minutes ago, diabretic said:

Not just because you mentioned me here, I’m not sure why anyone has a problem with you buying this and then maybe cancelling. I’ve cancelled a few pre-orders in my day, for one reason or another. It’s not that big of a deal. 

Right? It's not like I do this often. This is actually one of the few times I've ever done this specifically because I love Saves the Day but think that single is trash. Oh well!

21 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I initlaly liked the new song and like it more and more every time I hear it. I think the general populus hating the new single helped keep it in stock long enough for me to hopefully get a signed posted with the bundle I ordered today :D

yes, the song being bad has made people hold off from buying it. not rocket science. stuff that sucks has a more difficult time selling than stuff that doesn't. 

50 minutes ago, jrodan said:

yes, the song being bad has made people hold off from buying it. not rocket science. stuff that sucks has a more difficult time selling than stuff that doesn't. 

Wow dude, you're like an expert economist but a really cool one who wears sunglasses and vapes his own piss.