PO Now: Saves The Day - 9 (Out on October 26, 2018)

3 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I initlaly liked the new song and like it more and more every time I hear it. I think the general populus hating the new single helped keep it in stock long enough for me to hopefully get a signed posted with the bundle I ordered today :D

The poster should be included in your order details. I pre-ordered the day it went up and the poster is included on the itemized list.

7 minutes ago, ejeffs said:

The poster should be included in your order details. I pre-ordered the day it went up and the poster is included on the itemized list.

Doesn't say "poster" anywhere :/

Order Summary:

Item Size Quantity Price
Saves The Day - '9' Album Special Track   1 $1
Saves The Day - '9' Album   1 $18
Saves The Day - Threshold Tee Black   1 $13
Saves The Day - Album 9   1 $7.99
Equal Vision Records - 2018 Equal Vision Records Sampler   1 $0
Equal Vision Records - Free   1 $0

• 3 weeks later...

I asked them (equal vision) about the retail color and got this back:

"There's three different colors; black, pink, and white; depending on where you get it from."

The answer is pretty lazy though, pink is obviously the bull moose one.

Edited by xfactor675

5 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

The answer is pretty lazy though, pink is obviously the bull moose one.

There are places other than Bull Moose with the pink up for preorder though. I'd like to hear more about that white variant though... Why they got to be so vague? 

Edited by bridley
added to post.

1 hour ago, bridley said:

There are places other than Bull Moose with the pink up for preorder though. I'd like to hear more about that white variant though... Why they got to be so vague? 

yeah,  and the "black" still could the splatter one...

Edited by xfactor675

Holy shit!  I somehow just now picked up what the song was about!!  The new album is Saves The Day's journey through Chris's perspective.  I think that the song is supposed to be cringe worthy.  Sounds like its about their first UK tour and the band had stars in their eyes and thought that everything was so great.  They would explore during the day and rendezvous on stage every night.

Someone had to have explained all of this already. 

3 minutes ago, Buffbloom said:

I feel like this album should be listened to as a whole.  I bet it will make a lot more sense.  The chorus of both songs have been super cringy, but I really love Chris's vocal melodies in between.

Also my favorite band since ~ y2k

I mean...Through Being Cool was the soundtrack of my life from 1999-probably 2010. Love Saves the Day. BUT:

That's great that it will "make more sense," but it won't mean these songs will sound any better. We've heard nearly 1/4 of the entire album at this point from just those two singles and I have to say, while they may sound better within the context of the album, they're still garbage songs. And these are the songs they thought would be a good representation of the album as singles. Until I heard this new single I still held out hope that this album was going to be great with one bummer of a song, but what enthusiasm I had has faded.

41 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

I mean...Through Being Cool was the soundtrack of my life from 1999-probably 2010. Love Saves the Day. BUT:

That's great that it will "make more sense," but it won't mean these songs will sound any better. We've heard nearly 1/4 of the entire album at this point from just those two singles and I have to say, while they may sound better within the context of the album, they're still garbage songs. And these are the songs they thought would be a good representation of the album as singles. Until I heard this new single I still held out hope that this album was going to be great with one bummer of a song, but what enthusiasm I had has faded.

I'm just trying to be optimistic.  I want to be prepared for the worst...  Everything you said is true.  ugh

Wow… oww. I thought the first track was decent but that was just worse. If you took out his vocals from the track that repetitive guitar lick sounds like it belongs in a Queens of The Stone Age or other radio rock band.

That said, the solo onwards is pretty good, because they drop that stupid lick.

Not trying to be a contrarian but I like both these songs just fine. This last one reminds me of the new Interpol album. Got no problem hearing them try something completely different, if there's one thing this band is good at it's jumping between different styles and still managing to pull it off.