PO Now: Saves The Day - 9 (Out on October 26, 2018)

After a few listens I have to admit that I LOVE the record. They probably released the 3 worst songs as singles and I still like them. Saves the Day/Suzuki/It's such a Beautiful World/Rosé/1997/29 are all top tier STD songs.

Also, screw Equal Vison on how they are handling retail copies... I pre-ordered this via CCmusic in September, it's instantly went on out of stock/backordered status on the release date. Same happened with the new hopesfall album and after 3 months of waiting it got cancelled. Every other labels can handle distribution.

Edited by xfactor675

9 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Only listened to this album once this far digitally and didn’t get to pay a ton of attention because I was at work, but 29 could make it super good. Just noticed that on the LP, the first 8 tracks are side A and side B is just the track “29”. 

This is like saying, "The new burger place down the street might suck. I don't know. I ordered a meal and only took a couple sips of my soda, but it was cold and fizzy so we'll see." ;)

1 hour ago, Shitty Rambo said:

This is like saying, "The new burger place down the street might suck. I don't know. I ordered a meal and only took a couple sips of my soda, but it was cold and fizzy so we'll see." ;)

Except that I’ve listened to it a few more times since and it’s still good, so…

Edited by MCDELTAT

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/8481701/saves-the-day-interview-new-album-9-chris-conley

Side A is supposed to tell like the story of their journey AS A BAND hence a lot of the lyrics reference writing, friendship, touring, shows, etc. 29 is about Chris' personal journey, the important moments and people in his life, him finding meaning and peace. 

46 minutes ago, Buffbloom said:

I just realized that I can't go see them tomorrow. I was all excited to get the tour variant of 9.  I am variant collecting on this album so if anyone going could please snag me a copy, I'm ready to pay for it now. 

Someone help!! 

I am on my way to the show in Toronto right now. I can do this if they allow me to buy two, but shipping to wherever you are in America will likely be $20, so you should probably hold out for another Yankee to get one for you. Respond and let me know what you think. 

5 hours ago, Buffbloom said:

What retailers are selling the 180g black? Amazon says it won't ship till late November and it's doesn't verify color. 

Amazon or any other retailers never verify color 99% of the time. And yes 180g black is the retail color. On the other hand it seems out of stock everywhere, and Im probably scrwed with my ccmusic order as its not even listed on the site anymore.

Edited by xfactor675