Stereolab / Cavern of Anti-Matter / Duophonic Thread

I got both editions on clear from the moose last week. They didnt package them too well(bubble wrapped but in too large a box so got so corner damage).

Listened to transient about 5 times now. By far my favorite  stereolab record and it sounds amazing.

Hoping to finally move onto Mars this week

At 30ish bucks a pop, these are a steal

4 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Hopefully they learned their lessons with those and the ones they are doing for the black vinyl versions will look better. 

Probably paper so imagine so. Difficulty was likely in writing on the tape, but not sure why they couldn’t at least do black. Something like a grease pencil might’ve been ideal. Oh well. 

30 minutes ago, fondfarewell said:

Probably paper so imagine so. Difficulty was likely in writing on the tape, but not sure why they couldn’t at least do black. Something like a grease pencil might’ve been ideal. Oh well. 

Eh I’d trade my version for a /500 clear version.  I understand the frustration but...

• 3 weeks later...

Going off the time window and release dates of the last reissues, I estimated a PO would drop in May at some point.  Decided to feel it out by asking the band about a potential pre-order date – even a vague one – and they responded “no idea”.  And then suggested to subscribe to the Lab report.  So there’s that.

Unrelated but something that’s been bugging me: all of these reissues are showing up in the stiff sleeves that you typically see with picture discs, right?  (I own very few if any picture discs these days, so bear with me.)  Or are they a different material?  Just trying to make sure there’s no potential for them to “outgas” the vinyl inside or surrounding records.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Unrelated but something that’s been bugging me: all of these reissues are showing up in the stiff sleeves that you typically see with picture discs, right?  (I own very few if any picture discs these days, so bear with me.)  Or are they a different material?  Just trying to make sure there’s no potential for them to “outgas” the vinyl inside or surrounding records.

Yes, the outer sleeves are PVC. I always replace these for pic discs, but recently checked some of my other PVC’d LPs and there is definitely an odor and some chemical interaction with neighboring poly sleeves (they get kind of rippled). Records seemed fine, but long term, I don’t like it. I’m now storing printed PVC sleeves separately and just trashing generic ones (like these). 

FYI I found the stickers peel off very easily to transfer (though be careful of course). 

7 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I ended up taking mine out (attaching hype/number sticker to the inner bags)