Stereolab / Cavern of Anti-Matter / Duophonic Thread

2 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I use the 5mm sleeves and they are still too small for these reissues, anyone have a good rec for sleeves that aren't the box set sleeves?

This line: http://www.bagsunlimited.com/category/958/180-gram-record-supplies

Don’t get why they market them for 180g releases (standard sleeves usually work fine), but they’re great for larger releases that aren’t box sets. I personally use the polyethylene  ones with resealable flap. 

So I got the Rough Trade whoops we ran out of clear copies version today.   The master tape provided wasn’t an obi strip but just a 4 inch long piece of master tape from the album.   Mine was stamped and said “NY RT   16/20” in barely legible marker.   Where have you guys been storing your master tape?  Is it safe to leave pressed against the poly sleeve?

Also did the black copies come with a scratch off card?  Because I received none in this copy

Edited by OldKentuckyShark

10 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

So I got the Rough Trade whoops we ran out of clear copies version today.   The master tape provided wasn’t an obi strip but just a 4 inch long piece of master tape from the album.   Mine was stamped and said “NY RT   16/20” in barely legible marker.   Where have you guys been storing your master tape?  Is it safe to leave pressed against the poly sleeve?

Also did the black copies come with a scratch off card?  Because I received none in this copy

/20 is the rarest version of all!

Edited by wellnow

7 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

I won with one of my scratch cards but the website listed on it isn't loading for me. Anyone able to get it to work? I wanna be clear on what to do before I mail it out n' such.

The page loads for me but there are no details on it! I've seen that other winners have sent their cards in to the PO Box stated on the back of it and they have been received. All being stored in a box fiie by their manager (he put a picture on instagram).  Looks like everyone has just done as the card says, written the relevant contact details out, attached the card and mailed it to the address.

I got to see them live for the 1st time last night in Brighton, played for hour and a half and it was amazing! Going to see them again tonight in London, can't wait!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Get ready, should be coming today I think, release date of 6th September

Dots & Loops bonus tracks:

1. diagonals bode drums
  2. contranatura pt. 2 instrumental
  3. brakhage instrumental
  4. the flower called nowhere instrumental
  5. bonus beats
  6. diagonals instrumental
  7. contranatura demo
  8. allures demo
  9. refractions in the plastic pulse demo
  10. i feel the air demo
  11. off on demo
  12. incredible he woman demo
  13. miss modular demo
  14. untitled in dusseldorf demo
Edited by craigeduk

up now, release date is 13th September

https://duophonic.ochre.store/

https://duophonic.ochre.store/release/134548-stereolab-cobra-and-phases-group-play-voltage-in-the-milky-night-expanded-edition

https://duophonic.ochre.store/release/134547-stereolab-dots-and-loops-expanded-edition

https://duophonic.ochre.store/release/134546-stereolab-emperor-tomato-ketchup-expanded-edition

Emperor Tomato Ketchup, Dots and Loops, Cobra and Phases Group Play Voltage in the Milky Night will be released on 13th September 2019, via Warp Records and Duophonic UHF Disks, as expanded and re-mastered editions on vinyl, compact disk and digital.

As with the Switched On series, Transient Random Noise Burts With Announcements and Mars Audiac Quintet, each album has been re-mastered from the original 1/2" tapes by Bo Kondren at Calyx Mastering and overseen by Tim. Bonus material will include alternate takes, 4 track demos and unreleased mixes. 

The initial vinyl edition of 2500 numbered copies will be pressed onto triple clear vinyl, each will include a lottery style scratch card - all winners will receive a limited edition 12" EP by early 2020

All vinyl copies will include a 24" x 24" fold out poster with sleeve notes by Tim and any lyrics missing from the original albums printed on the reverse. The 2 CD digipak edition will include the sleeve notes and lyrics within the CD booklet

In true Stereolab / Duophonic tradition we have also produced a super limited edition of 500 clear vinyl copies and 250 compact disks - each will have a numbered obi band made from 2" 24 track Stereolab master tape, these will only be available via mail order from our website - link here - We've also added a few bits and pieces of old stock to the web shop.

Sound-Dust and Margerine Eclipse are currently scheduled for release during November 2019.

Edited by craigeduk

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Got spanked on shipping this time around, I’m pretty sure.  Don’t recall it being so steep with the first round of reissues, but maybe I’m wrong.  Couldn’t pass up on those obis though.

The first round shipped within the states, I'm surprised these ones are being shipped from the UK instead.

6 minutes ago, KaitouG said:

The first round shipped within the states, I'm surprised these ones are being shipped from the UK instead.

Probably cheaper to ship from the UK rather than distributing from the UK to the US to then ship from the US. The last set was delayed by a week or two because of that.

Perhaps they had too many issues with how the 1st lot of reissues were dealt with by splitting it between uk & us. I know they had lots of people unhappy with the allocations being split between the 2.

Was going to leave the OBI versions and save cash on shipping buy getting the clear from my local store. Instead i ended up getting OBI versions and the clear from my local lol 

Edited by craigeduk