Stereolab / Cavern of Anti-Matter / Duophonic Thread

1 hour ago, timsimmons said:

Disagree. It could use a disc of demos and alt takes.

I will actually have to hear some of these demos/alt takes first. As of now, I just wanted to concentrate on the album I “missed.”

I may listen to the Cobra Phases extras to see if they warrant the extra $30 for just the additional disc, but I do still love the sound of my OG pressing. 😍

Edited by Plarocks

• 1 month later...

Lots of love for Acoustic Sounds here. They pack things like a tank too! 😃

I personally just cancelled my Stereolab clear re-issues from Port of Sound, after hearing about the owner price gouging the rare Mac Miller LP:

https://www.reddit.com/r/VinylReleases/comments/cbcdo7/pre_order_stereolab_cobra_and_phases_group_play/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

I don’t have time for that nonsense! 😠

I did pre-order from two other places though. Hopefully at least one goes through. 😬

Edited by Plarocks

Ok, I have my first complaint about these. I really dislike the poster as a booklet thing. I guess it’s cool to have the album art so huge, but it’s a real pain to read the liner notes.  Sort of related, the Cobra liners are written in the same font as the the cover so it’s a super fucking pain in the ass to read. 

I’m through ETK and the sound is extraordinary. They knocked these out of the park (liner notes aside)

2 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Ok, I have my first complaint about these. I really dislike the poster as a booklet thing. I guess it’s cool to have the album art so huge, but it’s a real pain to read the liner notes.  Sort of related, the Cobra liners are written in the same font as the the cover so it’s a super fucking pain in the ass to read. 

Yeah I saw those from the mock-up when they were announced and it did not look fun to have to read through them. 

My obi-versions should arrive next week but I'll be away for work-related travels so I won't be able to listen to them for at least another week. Plus, looks like I'll have to travel again for the same week they're playing Seattle next month. Oh well.

At least I saw them in Chicago for Pitchfork so I'll take that as a consolation prize.