Stereolab / Cavern of Anti-Matter / Duophonic Thread

Got a response from Ochre customer support:

Hi xxxxx,

We're sorry you're having difficulty receiving this shipment.

We're looking into this with DPD now to find out some more information.

Have you received any contact from them? Please ensure you've checked emails and texts in case there's any information on how to resolve this.

Kind regards,

Ochre Support

As previously mentioned, it sounds like there are several people whose orders are still being "Processed Through Customs" via DPD. Someone on a different forum mentioned that DPD said the sender would need to contact DPD to give "clearance" that the orders are okay to ship. Hopefully, Ochre are able to do that. Regardless, this is annoying AF. 

1 minute ago, Lugubrious said:

So if they ask a customer based in the US to call DPD which is in the UK, wouldn't the call be expensive and should Ochre do that for the customer?

It's my understanding that the sender of the package (Ochre) would need to contact DPD, not the recipient of the package.

6 hours ago, pepperonigin said:

My orders from Acoustic Sounds were all cancelled. Sad times. Really wish I didn't miss the preorder on the official site for these.

I had three different orders cancel on me, and hustled my ass off, while on vacation in route to see them, to get the two I needed. 

THERE’S HOPE!

On 9/26/2019 at 12:24 PM, glass realms said:

It's my understanding that the sender of the package (Ochre) would need to contact DPD, not the recipient of the package.

Got a response today:

Thank you for your email.

We can see that your package is currently being handled by Aramex who are a 3rd party broker that collects customs duties on behalf of the government. 

Have you received any correspondence from them to clear the custom duties for the delivery? If not, we advise you to contact DPD generic customer service line quoting your tracking number and speak to an agent regarding your shipment.

DPD Contact number: 0121 275 0500
Tracking number: ____________

Kind regards,

Ochre Support”

I live in Michigan and have never dealt with customs.   Will try to call DPD but seems like Ochre needs to follow-up.

28 minutes ago, MtrCtyWx said:

Got a response today:

Thank you for your email.

We can see that your package is currently being handled by Aramex who are a 3rd party broker that collects customs duties on behalf of the government. 

Have you received any correspondence from them to clear the custom duties for the delivery? If not, we advise you to contact DPD generic customer service line quoting your tracking number and speak to an agent regarding your shipment.

DPD Contact number: 0121 275 0500
Tracking number: ____________

Kind regards,

Ochre Support”

I live in Michigan and have never dealt with customs.   Will try to call DPD but seems like Ochre needs to follow-up.

Did they say why it's being held in customs?

Had my Bleep order come through US customs via Aramex, who then handed the package off to FedEx . But because my mailing address is a PO box, FedEx couldn't deliver. They kept leaving me messages, but when I called them back, they'd claim to have no record of any package for me (probably because it was a 2nd-party hand-off, which I didn't know at the time). This happened 3 times, and then my package was returned to Aramex for shipment back to the UK 😕

Finally figured all this out last night, and called Aramex in New York this morning, not with high hopes. The third rep I spoke with said it was a good thing I called, because my package hadn't shipped out yet, and that they'd try to redeliver! I'm not holding my breath, but it seems that there's at least a slim chance it'll actually arrive one of these days...

Whole thing is kind of ridiculous, though. Bleep sends the packages via DPD, who give them to Aramex, who give them to FedEx, and every company involved has their own tracking number. Meanwhile, I only have the original DPD number, which means nothing to either of the companies in my country. 

15 hours ago, conedust said:

Had my Bleep order come through US customs via Aramex, who then handed the package off to FedEx . But because my mailing address is a PO box, FedEx couldn't deliver. They kept leaving me messages, but when I called them back, they'd claim to have no record of any package for me (probably because it was a 2nd-party hand-off, which I didn't know at the time). This happened 3 times, and then my package was returned to Aramex for shipment back to the UK 😕

Finally figured all this out last night, and called Aramex in New York this morning, not with high hopes. The third rep I spoke with said it was a good thing I called, because my package hadn't shipped out yet, and that they'd try to redeliver! I'm not holding my breath, but it seems that there's at least a slim chance it'll actually arrive one of these days...

Whole thing is kind of ridiculous, though. Bleep sends the packages via DPD, who give them to Aramex, who give them to FedEx, and every company involved has their own tracking number. Meanwhile, I only have the original DPD number, which means nothing to either of the companies in my country. 

Did they mention that all US orders were handled by Aramex?  Because my parcel still shows to be held up in US Customs and I still havent received my parcel yet.  I also don’t have a PO Box so I’m not sure what trouble they would be having with mine 

2 hours ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Did they mention that all US orders were handled by Aramex?

No, I don’t know about US orders in general, just mine. I’ll ask when I call Aramex on Monday morning to follow up.

Also, fwiw, I sent Bleep a message about my order on Tuesday.  Still haven’t heard back, but I’m getting the impression that their help queue is pretty lengthy...

On 9/28/2019 at 10:04 AM, OldKentuckyShark said:

Did they mention that all US orders were handled by Aramex?

Follow-up: They (Aramex) don’t know. They handle a lot of DPD traffic, but the rep I spoke to didn’t know whether they were DPD’s sole partner for US-bound DPD shipments. Suspect you’d have to ask Ochre and/or DPD.

In other news, I’m on tracking number #5, but it does look like I’m finally gonna receive my package. FedEx delivery scheduled for tomorrow. Fingers crossed...

Edited by conedust

6 minutes ago, conedust said:

Follow-up: They (Aramex) don’t know. They handle a lot of DPD traffic, but the rep I spoke to didn’t know whether they were DPD’s sole partner for US-bound DPD shipments. Suspect you’d have to ask Ochre and/or DPD.

In other news, I’m on tracking number #5, but it does look like I’m finally gonna receive my package. FedEx delivery scheduled for tomorrow. Fingers crossed...

How do you contact DPD?  Is the phone number you listed above the only way to contact them?

9 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

How do you contact DPD?

I’m not sure. I haven’t tried contacting them yet, as I managed to resolve things stateside through FedEx and Amarex. Took several hours of telephone calls & internet sleuthing spread out over several days, though.

If I were you, I’d google for a US DPD office and/or see what help resources are available on their website. Has to be someone who can provide you with a more precise package location & status, or at least point you in the right direction.

Received! Box looks a little worse for wear, but the albums are perfect (solid packaging). Not sure how best to protect the obi strips for the long term. For now I have them around the sleeve, but inside the front panel. 

Only downside is that I’ve now scratched 5 Cliff tickets w/o a winner. Wonder what the odds are...

On 9/30/2019 at 2:01 PM, conedust said:

I’m not sure. I haven’t tried contacting them yet, as I managed to resolve things stateside through FedEx and Amarex. Took several hours of telephone calls & internet sleuthing spread out over several days, though.

If I were you, I’d google for a US DPD office and/or see what help resources are available on their website. Has to be someone who can provide you with a more precise package location & status, or at least point you in the right direction.

I've sent multiple emails to DPD and they said they should be responding in 24 to 48 hours.  Fingers crossed.