Stereolab / Cavern of Anti-Matter / Duophonic Thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 8:34 AM, glass realms said:

I wouldn’t necessarily say The US ones weren’t remastered. They certainly used different plates than the previous US pressing which I also have.

I knew the paranoia was warranted. This was posted by Petey on the Stereolab forum:

"I've no idea what has been going on at Beggars but the US office decided to press the 2008 version onto clear vinyl, keep the 2008 sleeve but put a PURE11LPX sticker on it – I'm more than a little annoyed to discover this.

I've been told that this ‘hybrid’ edition is being re-called and replaced with the re-mastered version with the updated sleeve. If you would like a replacement then please e-mail – [email protected]

I'm still waiting to find out if the digital versions are being updated to the re-mastered tarcks – I can't see why this wouldn't happen."

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed today that 2019 will see reissues of all albums from 1993s Transient Random Noise-Bursts through to 2004s Margerine Eclipse! 

I've edited the topic and added a list of reissues to the 1st post, might as well keep them all on one thread

Also teased a live Stereolab return!!!

Edited by craigeduk

Man, thats some great news. Gonna be an expensive 2019. 

Very excited for the live return. I wonder if Coachella is in the cards as a kickoff.  Their IG has been active with photos of archive materials. I wonder if theres gonna be a box, or a book, or maybe just a new best of compiling this stuff they've been previewing. 

6 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Man, thats some great news. Gonna be an expensive 2019. 

Very excited for the live return. I wonder if Coachella is in the cards as a kickoff.  Their IG has been active with photos of archive materials. I wonder if theres gonna be a box, or a book, or maybe just a new best of compiling this stuff they've been previewing. 

There is some speculation that they could be playing Primavera, who announce their line up tomorrow. 

As well as the 7 reissues I'd also expect the full COAM soundtrack for Play In Fabric to come in 2019 following the promo 7" 

1 hour ago, craigeduk said:

There is some speculation that they could be playing Primavera, who announce their line up tomorrow. 

As well as the 7 reissues I'd also expect the full COAM soundtrack for Play In Fabric to come in 2019 following the promo 7" 

What is the “Promo 7-inch?”

I have not heard about this yet.

1 minute ago, Plarocks said:

What is the “Promo 7-inch?”

I have not heard about this yet.

It was a very limited (287 copies) release to coincide with the screening of the film at the London Film Festival in October. Sold out instantly everywhere

https://www.discogs.com/Cavern-Of-Anti-Matter-Play-In-Fabric/release/12680815

22 minutes ago, craigeduk said:

It was a very limited (287 copies) release to coincide with the screening of the film at the London Film Festival in October. Sold out instantly everywhere

https://www.discogs.com/Cavern-Of-Anti-Matter-Play-In-Fabric/release/12680815

...and I would expect nothing less from The Groop. 

The good news is, the tracks should show up on “Switched On...Volume 4,” in about ten years! :lol:

3 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

...and I would expect nothing less from The Groop. 

The good news is, the tracks should show up on “Switched On...Volume 4,” in about ten years! :lol:

They've already confirmed that the full soundtrack is planned so they should be on there when its released in 2019 (they are great tracks btw!) .