PO: John Carpenter Halloween Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Came across this...

https://blackdotsbuffalo.shop/products/10-19-pre-order-reznor-trent-atticus-ross-halloween-theme-remix-12

Appears to be the standard black edition but it’s the only US pre-order option that I can find.  

Any ideas why things have been so quiet stateside around this release?  I’ve seen both 10/19 and 10/26 street dates but I’m curious as to why we haven’t heard something  from Sacred Bones by now. 

17 minutes ago, kisol said:

Any ideas why things have been so quiet stateside around this release?  I’ve seen both 10/19 and 10/26 street dates but I’m curious as to why we haven’t heard something  from Sacred Bones by now. 

Ben at SB said he's still not even sure on details but he'll definitely have some sort of exclusive release. Really strange how late-developing it is. I originally thought they wanted to pad this one out from the standard OST but now it's so close to street date...

2 hours ago, kisol said:

Not familiar with these guys but they are taking orders for the Reznor/Ross orange variant...

https://voodoocomics.com/product/trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross-halloween-theme-remix-12-orange-vinyl/

Worth a shot.

Jim at Voodoo is legit. That said, he can't control if he gets screwed over by a distributor or label, but your money is safe there. Mine always has been.

42 minutes ago, lgfuad said:

Is this actually going to happen? I hope so but it's cutting it fine.

It does seem really odd for them not to announce it at all considering all of the online preorders that have been out for the past month. But as I've said before there is just way too much money to be made on this terribly overpriced 2 song 12" for them not to press a bunch of them and have some sort of exclusive variant.

Just now, kylet said:

Just got tickets to see this Thursday night! I'm super excited. Also called my local shop and they will have the orange version of this for sale on Friday, so assuming I dig the score I'll probably pick that up on Friday. Anybody know if the orange is limited at all?

It's a "limited" Indie release but sometimes those pressings are insanely large anyways.

Seeing the original flick + the new one as a double feature at the theater on Thursday. Cannot fuckin' wait.

35 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

It's a "limited" Indie release but sometimes those pressings are insanely large anyways.

Seeing the original flick + the new one as a double feature at the theater on Thursday. Cannot fuckin' wait.

This is the best way to see it (back to back with the original), considering all of the nods to the original that are in the new one.  

7 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

That's awesome! My wife and I are gonna watch the original tomorrow night. But just on bluray at our place. Would be awesome to catch it back to back at the theater!