PO: John Carpenter Halloween Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

2 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Interesting that the NIN store has a picture with an inverted color scheme for the cover. Back side? But then why is the record coming out of the same side? Is the backside artwork rotated? Is the mockup artist just a lazy sonovagun? Stay tuned to find out.NIN_JOHN_SIDE_HALLOWEEN_1024x1024.png?v=

the flipped artwork copies will be sold through the third man record store as a "rare misprint collecter's item" at the bargain price of $100

15 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Interesting that the NIN store has a picture with an inverted color scheme for the cover. Back side? But then why is the record coming out of the same side? Is the backside artwork rotated? Is the mockup artist just a lazy sonovagun? Stay tuned to find out.NIN_JOHN_SIDE_HALLOWEEN_1024x1024.png?v=

It's the back cover, for the non-remixed version on the b-side.

From the SB newsletter:

"In additional John Carpenter news: We want to give our newsletter subscribers advance notice about an exciting new limited edition Carpenter release. We can’t say much but on October 19, we suggest you head over to the Discogs website for a special collaboration we are doing with them to kick off their new exclusives feature."

Just now, fish said:

From the SB newsletter:

"In additional John Carpenter news: We want to give our newsletter subscribers advance notice about an exciting new limited edition Carpenter release. We can’t say much but on October 19, we suggest you head over to the Discogs website for a special collaboration we are doing with them to kick off their new exclusives feature."

Was coming here to note the same - interesting.

I can't believe I just paid $25 (shipped) for a record with two songs, one of which I already have an mp3 of.  Meanwhile, I have other records in my Amazon cart that are ~$20 (for a full album) and I'm waiting for their prices to drop to a more reasonable price.

I like to think that I tend to behave rationally, but this is not one of those moments...

2 minutes ago, harryq said:

I can't believe I just paid $25 (shipped) for a record with two songs, one of which I already have an mp3 of.  Meanwhile, I have other records in my Amazon cart that are ~$20 (for a full album) and I'm waiting for their prices to drop to a more reasonable price.

I like to think that I tend to behave rationally, but this is not one of those moments...

Even worse when you realize it is all of 11 minutes of music total. But i fell for it too.

1 hour ago, fish said:

From the SB newsletter:

I really hope this is either the Body Bags or In the Mouth of Madness score. Or any other score that hasn't been pressed on vinyl but those are my top two. 

15 hours ago, fish said:

http://exclusives.discogs.com/product/the-sacred-bones-collection/#0

Here is the "discogs exclusive" mentioned earlier. 4 tape box.

Didn't know discogs exclusives were a thing!  Think the tape box is cool and this stuff seems fitting in that format, but I already have the LPs and hate double dipping.

Saw the film earlier and the soundtrack is pretty decent from what I could hear.

And just back from seeing Carpenter. They had the cassette box set at the merch. Couldn’t see the art/tour edition of the new Halloween soundtrack but I was there a bit later. They did have a cool signed tour poster of the Michael Myers shooting target  - similar to the poster that comes with the art edition.

11 hours ago, Skacel said:

Saw the film earlier and the soundtrack is pretty decent from what I could hear.

And just back from seeing Carpenter. They had the cassette box set at the merch. Couldn’t see the art/tour edition of the new Halloween soundtrack but I was there a bit later. They did have a cool signed tour poster of the Michael Myers shooting target  - similar to the poster that comes with the art edition.

You in Glasgow? I missed it last night.

In other news, I got my art edition about 10 minutes ago!