PO: John Carpenter Halloween Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Just now, clerk3745 said:

Sooooo I got mine from Bleep, if I hadn't seen this here where would I have known about this? Its not on their fbook or twitter. Where should I reference this to Bleep when I contact them.

I would email Bleep support and copy the text of that SB/NIN email. Based on that message I'd be surprised if they haven't already emailed all retailers that had inventory, but what an absolute cluster-F of a situation. Good on them, though.

Seemingly every brick-and-mortar store in town has posted pics of copies on their Insta, with a lot of replies, who seem utterly fucking clueless about the situation. I replied to as many as I could, but their lack of awareness is pretty damn shameful given what a sales bonanza anything Carpenter + Sacred Bones is.

Hope they enjoy not taking this off the shelves and having to deal with this come 2019.

Edited by armadillo01

24 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

Does this make the erroneous first pressing MORE collectable? :lol:

I often think it does, especially if a lot of copies do get recalled and replaced. It's a bit of a paradox, but I always think it's cool those rare times when, say, another band's A-Side appears as the B-side for, say, a Bowie 7" or whatever.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Weird. There were still like 110 left in stock when they took it down. Either a mistake or they're holding them back for that physical release thingy next week.

Message I just got 

Sorry that was my bad.

We are sold out of that record and I put some up by mistake.

-Ben

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2019 at 5:19 PM, lethalenforcer said:

So the new release is just a red-in-clear Art Edition (/2000)

https://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/products/sbr213-john-carpenter-halloween

Which is strange because this is exactly the same image/product that Bullmoose posted a month or so ago.

sbr213ae_-_Halloween_-_Blood_Puddle_-_Pr

I ordered this from bullmoose. I have the Newbury Variant already though. I mainly just want it for the poster so I can shoot it. Anybody wanna buy my Newbury variant?

• 5 weeks later...

AS PREVIOUSLY NOTIFIED, A MISTAKE WAS MADE WHEN THE HALLOWEEN 12” WAS PRESSED LAST FALL.

THE REPRESS IS NOW DONE AND HAS BEEN DELIVERED TO OUR WAREHOUSE. SHIPMENTS WILL BEGIN GOING OUT IN THE NEXT 24 – 48 HOURS, FREE OF CHARGE.

YOU WILL RECEIVE A SHIPPING NOTIFICATION EMAIL FROM [email protected] ONCE YOUR REPLACEMENT PACKAGE HAS BEEN SHIPPED, SO PLEASE BE ON THE LOOKOUT.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT [email protected]

THANKS,
NIN CUSTOMER SERVICE

1 hour ago, docbronze said:

I wonder how hard the corrected pressing will be to get for those of us that went the third party route.

As per the original email:

The r eplacement offer includes those who pur ch ased from other retailers.

Customers may contact the point of purchase for information on how to obtain their replacement.

5 hours ago, docbronze said:

I wonder how hard the corrected pressing will be to get for those of us that went the third party route.

I ordered mine from Crash records in UK. They sent me an email stating they'd be receiving replacements and would send them out. Didn't even need to contact them.