PO: John Carpenter Halloween Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

I know it's off topic but I wanna know what yall rank the Halloween movies. Sorry for switching up the discussion. Just curious 

For me I'd say 

Halloween (1978)

Season of the Witch

Halloween (2018)

H20

Rob Zombie's Halloween

Resurrection 

RZ's H2

Almost didn't include Rob zombie's Halloween but then I realized it's actually better than most of them. Everyone hates resurrection but I thought it was a fun concept. 

I often wonder about the potential of the original idea for the Halloween series. To me, it could have been incredible--an anthology series based around the holiday that takes on different tropes within the horror genre sounds amazing. Now, I fail to recognize anything past the third film. I even struggle with 2 but rectify it by saying its more identifiable as a slasher while the first is defined as a thriller.   Maybe that sounds snobby of me. But the series just made a mockery of itself after taking itself pretty seriously for three films. Timeline. Lore. Whatever. It's all so messy.  And for some reason, that bothers me. The new one says, "Screw it," to all of the past films, but they still exist. I've yet to see the new one, but I will. And I have faith that I will like it for what it is. But talk about wasted potential. 

1 hour ago, The Saint said:

I often wonder about the potential of the original idea for the Halloween series. To me, it could have been incredible--an anthology series based around the holiday that takes on different tropes within the horror genre sounds amazing. Now, I fail to recognize anything past the third film. I even struggle with 2 but rectify it by saying its more identifiable as a slasher while the first is defined as a thriller.   Maybe that sounds snobby of me. But the series just made a mockery of itself after taking itself pretty seriously for three films. Timeline. Lore. Whatever. It's all so messy.  And for some reason, that bothers me. The new one says, "Screw it," to all of the past films, but they still exist. I've yet to see the new one, but I will. And I have faith that I will like it for what it is. But talk about wasted potential. 

The Halloween series as a whole is my least favorite slasher series compared to NoES and F13. H1, H3 and 2018 are the only films I care about. Never even considered the blu-ray box set for it because I doubt I would ever want to watch anything past 3. 

I would have loved if Carpenter kept going with the Anthology idea but fans didn't want that, they wanted The Shape. Which I can't blame them for wanting more of what they enjoyed. I won't lie when I first saw season of the witch I felt bamboozled but it's an amazing movie in its own entity. Unfortunately, he's had all these years to bring the idea back and hasn't so that doesn't give me any hope that he will in the future. 

The new sequel isn't perfect but it's exactly what was needed to follow up the original film. There's a bunch of Easter eggs for all the sequels within it, it's fun to try to recognize all of them. 

On 10/22/2018 at 9:03 PM, Plarocks said:

Does anyone know where to purchase the orange 12-inch single online?

Seems like NIN is sold out, and I can’t find a Bull Moose listing.

:(

There are a couple listed close to retail on Discogs...

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/12684886?ev=rb