PO SOON: Say Anything - Oliver Appropriate

16 hours ago, CatsNJazz said:

I'm just really curious why he was snorting antidepressants because antidepressants dont get you high and I'm pretty sure snorting them would be pointless.

Wow. I really don't want to read his statement but now I might have to...did he specify what antidepressants he was snorting? Maybe he was snorting Xanax and just calling it an antidepressant?

37 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Wow. I really don't want to read his statement but now I might have to...did he specify what antidepressants he was snorting? Maybe he was snorting Xanax and just calling it an antidepressant?

He did not specify, but I also assumed xanax,I think that's classified as an anti anxiety medication not an antidepressant, so he could just have been mistaken, but that whole part of the letter was probably the most cringe-inducing part of the whole 10 page cringe -fest

1 hour ago, thedillon said:

wow some super insensitive hyper-critical people in here that obviously have never had an encounter with someone who is bi-polar and having a mega breakdown. If that letter is what he had to do to cope with his mental issues then good for him.

Eyeroll.

Edited to remove long response because why bother lol

Edited by rooks

This stuff always brings out the armchair psychologists. Vulnerability is uncomfortable to encounter, especially when it's done in a way that's different than how we'd do it or say it. I don't know this guy or what he's really going through but I'm reminded how vulnerability in others often serves as a mirror for ourselves. And how we respond to it/others says a lot more about us than him. Kudos to him for having the courage to put the worst moments/side of himself out there for all to see.  I respect that kind of courage, regardless of the uncomfortable feelings it elicits in me.

On 8/17/2018 at 12:36 PM, MCDELTAT said:

Still confused about how little people like the self-titled. Realized there’s a handful on Discogs right now for like $20. Need to grab one eventually.

To me it was a combination of lyrics and the music. Baseball is alright but it runs kinda long and has some filler. The original cut of IARB just hits that sweet spot for me. It's kinda like... progressive pop punk? Song structure is really interesting and all that jazz. One of my favorite tracks is Chia Like. The lyrics hit that sweet spot. For a lot of pop punk stuff there's a very fine line between fun and goofy and cringy, and IARB is on the right side of that line to me. Sure, stuff like Every Man Has a Molly is a little questionable, and I don't know why but I still don't take issue with it. After IARB not only did we get more filler tracks (IDOTG could have been a super okay album if it was a single disc) but... w e w that lyrical content. To me it lost all the fun flippant narcissistic self deprecation, and the S/T is by far the worst offender on this front IMO. 

also, we don't talk about Admit It Again. That is a crime against humanity. Taking one of the best album closers I can think of and poking it half way through the A side with forgettable music and terrible lyrics. Big oof.

Although it's not something I would have done, I'm cool with him exercising his demons/saying his truths in whatever form seems most therapeutic to him. I was just confused with he felt the need to curse every other word and write about complex issues like a 12 year old hopped up on Mountain Dew with a headset on Call of Duty. He's an intelligent person and I loved IARB and IDOTG as well as a lot of the earlier "demo" stuff from his college days - I'd love to see some of the Dormroom Demos or Baseball stuff pressed at some point (for sentimental value if nothing else).

6 minutes ago, bluethumb said:

Although it's not something I would have done, I'm cool with him exercising his demons/saying his truths in whatever form seems most therapeutic to him. I was just confused with he felt the need to curse every other word and write about complex issues like a 12 year old hopped up on Mountain Dew with a headset on Call of Duty. He's an intelligent person and I loved IARB and IDOTG as well as a lot of the earlier "demo" stuff from his college days - I'd love to see some of the Dormroom Demos or Baseball stuff pressed at some point (for sentimental value if nothing else).

I mean...someone said bi-polar earlier so that seems to be about why it would sound like that. I hope he gets help and is ok. But also, Ryan Gosling is pretty hot.

2 minutes ago, Buffbloom said:

Looks like Dine Alone is getting ready to drop a bunch of flexies as well.  @justindinealone Any idea when these will be available?  

most of them are going to be exclusive to our retail store when it opens for good, a handful of say anything ones will be used in some bundles

18 minutes ago, veggiecorecords said:

Assuming that's midnight EST?

midnight EST. sorry, should've mentioned that.

On 8/18/2018 at 3:23 PM, mmhmm said:

This stuff always brings out the armchair psychologists. Vulnerability is uncomfortable to encounter, especially when it's done in a way that's different than how we'd do it or say it. I don't know this guy or what he's really going through but I'm reminded how vulnerability in others often serves as a mirror for ourselves. And how we respond to it/others says a lot more about us than him. Kudos to him for having the courage to put the worst moments/side of himself out there for all to see.  I respect that kind of courage, regardless of the uncomfortable feelings it elicits in me.

Couldn't have said it better. 

23 minutes ago, AWasteOfATime said:

is this coming out in Oct or JAn? there seems to be some confusion

January 25, but we'll be shipping vinyl early - that date just makes the most sense for retail being so close to the holidays

Edited by justindinealone