PO SOON: Say Anything - Oliver Appropriate

Yeah, Got this in today and I have to say I am really enjoying it. A fitting end to the band and a really solid album. Max's hooks on this album are amazing. I didn't always love all of the albums from this band but I always dug Max as an artist. Kind of made me sad listening to this because I've been listening to these guys since High School...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Sounds better than the last album, though it's gotten really cringey to hear him treading the same terrible lyrical ground over and over. Plus that outro is super creepy. I had to do some investigation as to what was going on with it, and it's super disappointing to see that Max is seeming so unhealthy again. I have a lot of respect for the artist he can be when he achieves his potential, but it's so frustrating to see him get in his own way over and over.

34 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

Wow somehow this song doesn't suck like anything post in defense. Kind of a surprise. 

The dude literally wishes death on his brother-in-law at the end of the song. Pretty fucked up. If that's what a "return to form" sounds like for Say Anything, I'd rather they stay gone.