PO soon: boygenius (Julien Baker /Lucy Dacus/ Phoebe Bridgers) - boygenius EP

Looks like it's up with a variant: https://store.matadorrecords.com/new-releases/boygenius

Boygenius - tri-color 12"
$17.24

boygenius - black vinyl 12"
$11.99

tricolor.jpg

The first 150 orders off the Matador US webstore will include an 8x10 photo print. 

Limited Edition Tri-Color vinyl is exclusive to the Matador Records webstore. 

Edited by Freeaxl

4 minutes ago, Freeaxl said:

Looks like it's up with a variant: https://store.matadorrecords.com/new-releases/boygenius

Boygenius - tri-color 12"
$17.24
Add to Cart
boygenius - black vinyl 12"
$11.99
Add to Cart

tricolor.jpg

The first 150 orders off the Matador US webstore will include an 8x10 photo print. 

Limited Edition Tri-Color vinyl is exclusive to the Matador Records webstore. 

Was just about to post this.  Ordered.

4 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

So let me preface this by saying that first Julien Baker album is SO fucking good, and the second album is pretty great too.

But I just can't get into this. Those of you digging it so far, what's doing it for you? 

21 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Bridgers >

5 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

So let me preface this by saying that first Julien Baker album is SO fucking good, and the second album is pretty great too.

But I just can't get into this. Those of you digging it so far, what's doing it for you? 

The music is pretty much in the same ballpark from what I've heard so far.  Bite the Hand is a great song.  I will admit that Me & My Dog isn't my favorite so far.  Sort of get a weird Wilson Phillips vibe from it occasionally.

2 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

The music is pretty much in the same ballpark from what I've heard so far.  Bite the Hand is a great song.  I will admit that Me & My Dog isn't my favorite so far.  Sort of get a weird Wilson Phillips vibe from it occasionally.

Ok, yes! This is a good description of something that was bothering me that I couldn't quite put into words. I think Bite the Hand is the only track I haven't listened to of the three released yet, so maybe it'll sway me.

11 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

You and I share the same sentiments about Baker, I believe.  I’ve only checked out Me & My Dog so far, so I’m relieved to hear the other singles are even better.  It’s definitely a departure from either Baker or Bridgers’ solo work but I’ve been on such a Bridgers kick that I may be favorably biased towards this project.

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

You and I share the same sentiments about Baker, I believe.  I’ve only checked out Me & My Dog so far, so I’m relieved to hear the other singles are even better.  It’s definitely a departure from either Baker or Bridgers’ solo work but I’ve been on such a Bridgers kick that I may be favorably biased towards this project.

Yeah, I think we do from my recollection.

I did check out Bridgers yesterday and enjoyed her stuff quite a bit. I had never heard of her before, so that was a nice surprise. My feeling from what I've heard so far is that this may be a case of the parts being greater than the whole, which I think it pretty common with these types of groups. Not saying they're going to be bad or anything, just that if I love Baker, and really like Bridgers, that sets a high bar for this band to try to reach. I still haven't given the other gal in the group a listen yet.

Edited by Ishtar

12 minutes ago, CatsNJazz said:

Gotta love that $6 mark-up on the color variant... in an almost unrelated note I stood next to Julien Baker at The Hotelier set during Riot Fest last year and talked to her for a little bit and she is one of the nicest people I ever met and I will always support her. Team Julien >

Colored vinyl is more expensive than black at the pressing plant you know that right? My order was $21 shipped. Seems fair for a  colored 12" 

43 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

Ok, yes! This is a good description of something that was bothering me that I couldn't quite put into words. I think Bite the Hand is the only track I haven't listened to of the three released yet, so maybe it'll sway me.

I just listened to all of Stay Down and it's awesome too.  So yeah, two of three tracks that have been released so far have been great.  And I could see Me & My Dog getting better with further listens.

59 minutes ago, chicomak said:

Anyone know pressing info, and whether other variants will pop up?  It says the tri-color is limited to matador webstore, which leads to believe there may be more variants?  Or just means that black variant is available everywhere else then?

I could be proved wrong, but Matador doesn’t seem likely to split pressings with other companies for something like this that will be reasonably popular. I assume if 6131 was going to press it, for instance, we would know about it when the Matador pressing was announced.