PO soon: boygenius (Julien Baker /Lucy Dacus/ Phoebe Bridgers) - boygenius EP

On 8/24/2018 at 2:42 PM, kylet said:

Oh shit I didn't know Water Street closed?! It's been awhile since I've been there, usually Bug Jar is my go to. It's rare a good tour skips Buffalo and hits Rochester, but it happens occasionally. I caught that Touche Amore tour at Bug Jar last October. 

When I lived out there I so rarely went to Water Street I'm not surprised it closed. I was at Bug Jar on the regular though. Even DJ'ed there a few nights for Indie Rock Dance Night when one of my buddies couldn't.

On 10/26/2018 at 11:45 AM, Buffbloom said:

My Tri-Color arrived today with a nasty split in the top of the jacket.  It did, however, come with a promotional picture from the record label.  Nothing too special.

Didn't get any promo pictures or anything which I'm cool with but the packaging was weak as fuck, lots of creasing/bends/etc all over it which would have been prevented with a standard mailer 

well the show was fantastic. Julien is clearly the headliner but Lucy ands Phoebe easily could be as well. All brought great energy. 8-9 songs from each, about 45-50 minute sets, followed by the entire boygenius EP (all six songs). 3 hours 45 minutes but never felt too long. Hard to say if that will remain consistent throughout the tour but what a great show, would recommend it highly.

On 11/4/2018 at 8:22 PM, shamrocks said:

50 splatter per show there were only a few left when I went through so I didn’t try to buy two but some of the very early people did (I was there an hour early and the line was 50 deep), I suspect these won’t be impossible to come by, likely /1000 at worst

They limited it to one per person tonight. If you're there around doors I'd imagine this will be easy enough to grab. 

Drove from Buffalo up to the Toronto show, got here about 40 minutes after doors. They had already sold the 50 splatter for the night :unsure:

I stood off to the side with my wife a little shook up and shocked they sold that many that quick and after if quited  down the merch guy handed me a copy and said it’s on me! Super nice gesture. It was a black copy, which makes me think they only bring in the 50 splatter per night they have, or he probably would have just sold me a splatter.

It made my night. That being said unfortunately I’m still on the hunt for a tour copy!

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the show last night, it was pretty great (although I wish Julien would step up the the mic. it's great hearing her belt out loud from a few feet from the mic, but the girl is a mouse and gets lost in the mix for the quiet parts). They had vinyl available when I came in but everything was $30 (CAD), even the EP. I couldn't pull the trigger on that.