PO soon: boygenius (Julien Baker /Lucy Dacus/ Phoebe Bridgers) - boygenius EP

My red copy showed up today! 

I think they may have used cheaper jackets for the repress. When comparing it side by side with my original on black, the jacket seems a little less heavy duty, a little more glossy. And the vinyl is definitely way more flimsy on the repress as well.

At the price I paid, still very happy to own this!

26 minutes ago, kylet said:

My red copy showed up today! 

I think they may have used cheaper jackets for the repress. When comparing it side by side with my original on black, the jacket seems a little less heavy duty, a little more glossy. And the vinyl is definitely way more flimsy on the repress as well.

At the price I paid, still very happy to own this!

That’s pretty typical for a Euro release, both jackets and vinyl.

16 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah... I mean, I’m sure it goes both ways with exceptions, but on average I find that my Euro imports are much nicer than stateside presses.  Both in vinyl quality and packaging.

I've definitely noticed this as well. I've found I'm much more likely to get flimsy, glossy inner and outer sleeves with a noisier or lighter weight record from a US press and sturdy, matte inners and outers with a nice, quiet heavyweight disc from a Euro press. Most recently this happened to me on Snow Patrol's Reworked. US press felt cheap and sounded awful but the Euro press is gorgeous and absolutely feels worth the money.

Edited by ryanthellama
spelling

13 hours ago, ryanthellama said:

I've definitely noticed this as well. I've found I'm much more likely to get flimsy, glossy inner and outer sleeves with a noisier or lighter weight record from a US press and sturdy, matte inners and outers with a nice, quiet heavyweight disc from a Euro press. Most recently this happened to me on Snow Patrol's Reworked. US press felt cheap and sounded awful but the Euro press is gorgeous and absolutely feels worth the money.

Back in the 80s and 90s, it was the opposite.

Interesting that has reversed with many modern pressings.

However, my OG OK Computer was a pretty solid package with thick heavyweight vinyl.

Edited by Plarocks

20 minutes ago, Sh100by said:

Sounds unplayable because of how warped it was. Oh well if it sits on the shelf for a year it might fix itself lol was too cheap to be overly mad

Oh that sucks. Damn euro mailers are like high quality newspapers, paired with an occasionally careless postal employee, oof.

20 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Oh that sucks. Damn euro mailers are like high quality newspapers, paired with an occasionally careless postal employee, oof.

It looked like the mailer itself shrunk. So im guessing some sciency combo of cooling and heating + humidity and thin mailer did it in. Good on them helping the environment though ha

• 4 weeks later...

It took almost 6 weeks for my LRSD copy to arrive, finally put it on a couple days ago, and it sounds like absolute garbage! Chock full of pops, and going by a couple other comments on discogs that seems to be the standard for this release. So that's fun. At least I already own a black copy I guess, haha.

12 hours ago, obliriovrons said:

It took almost 6 weeks for my LRSD copy to arrive, finally put it on a couple days ago, and it sounds like absolute garbage! Chock full of pops, and going by a couple other comments on discogs that seems to be the standard for this release. So that's fun. At least I already own a black copy I guess, haha.

The tour press (Clear w/ Splatter) is the best sounding one. It's quiet and free of surface noise. I had the tri color at one point and every time the needle would graze the purple wax, there was so much surface noise. Tour press is the way to go if you're looking for the best sounding variant. 

• 10 months later...