PO soon: boygenius (Julien Baker /Lucy Dacus/ Phoebe Bridgers) - boygenius EP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
8 hours ago, AdamJNovak said:

Why did I just find out about this whole Love Record Store thing this morning? Anyway, got this through Venus vinyl. Hope it comes in okay. I snoozed hard on this when it was first released and then fell in love with this record. Glad to have a colored variant of it! 

I don't know anything about this love records thing either? But I would love a color/limited variant as well! Do you have a link?

I was in line for the tour copy and the guy in front of me grabbed the last one. Had to settle for black. Would be lying if I said I don't think about that often lol. 

1 hour ago, kylet said:

I don't know anything about this love records thing either? But I would love a color/limited variant as well! Do you have a link?

I was in line for the tour copy and the guy in front of me grabbed the last one. Had to settle for black. Would be lying if I said I don't think about that often lol. 

You might've dodged a bullet––last time I checked, the consensus was that the tricolor doesn't sound too good.

1 hour ago, kylet said:

Jealous that you made it to the show, fuck the vinyl. I didn’t make the same mistake with BOCC.

39 minutes ago, erasedtapes said:

You might've dodged a bullet––last time I checked, the consensus was that the tricolor doesn't sound too good.

The tour variant was the splatter.

And yeah, like @dantheriver I’m bummed I didn’t go to the show too. Working in live music, sometimes you get burnt, and I definitely regret doing whatever I did, or working whatever shows I did to get myself burnt enough not to go. Had seen all three separately, and all ruled, but heard that show fucking killed.

Edited by MyEnemy

1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

Jealous that you made it to the show, fuck the vinyl. I didn’t make the same mistake with BOCC.

Yeah the show was pretty awesome. Honestly that whole day ruled. I was at an afternoon Sabres game. They were down by 2 with a minute left. Pulled the goalie, got 2, and beat them in overtime. To non hockey folks, that NEVER happens! Then I hoped in the car and drove directly to the show in Toronto about 2 hours away. Since the game went to overtime I got there a little later than I would have liked and just missed the tour variant. But the game ruled, the show ruled, everything is a little give and take I suppose.

That being said I’d still love to find a colored/limited variant. If anybody’s got a link for that new red guy please share!

12 hours ago, kylet said:

Yeah the show was pretty awesome. Honestly that whole day ruled. I was at an afternoon Sabres game. They were down by 2 with a minute left. Pulled the goalie, got 2, and beat them in overtime. To non hockey folks, that NEVER happens! Then I hoped in the car and drove directly to the show in Toronto about 2 hours away. Since the game went to overtime I got there a little later than I would have liked and just missed the tour variant. But the game ruled, the show ruled, everything is a little give and take I suppose.

That being said I’d still love to find a colored/limited variant. If anybody’s got a link for that new red guy please share!

Been checking various Euro sites and they all appear to be sold out. If I happen to stumbled across one, I'll let you know!

12 hours ago, kylet said:

3 minutes ago, AdamJNovak said:

Been checking various Euro sites and they all appear to be sold out. If I happen to stumbled across one, I'll let you know!

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/boygenius-boygenius/hnum/9900480

1 hour ago, CVHX said:

Yeah, same here.

I should have the tri-color, but for $18, I figure the red will be a nice back up copy, or my main one if indeed the former does not sound so good.

I still have not received a charge or shipping for the Punisher “Sea Glass” edition though...

Edited by Plarocks

1 hour ago, CVHX said:

Thank youuuu 

19 minutes ago, kylet said:

Thanks. Just grabbed a copy...I think? Lol

I just relied on auto fill and clicked the green buttons. Dunno why translate doesn't work on their site lol

1 minute ago, Sh100by said:

Me too it works on other sites but just didn't want to translate anything other than the product details for some reason. No time to troubleshoot these drops without risking missing out though so fuckit.

I had a LOT of issues trying to get some LPs and sleeves from HHV, as Bank of America was CONSTANTLY blocking the charges, even though I was calling them and saying it was Okay.

I had to buy it through PayPal, which ended up costing a bit more money, but oh well..

I got the HHV stuff finally that way.

I probably should have used PayPal here, but I received nothing from my bank that anything was declined yet, and my bank seems fine with my UK record stores.

5 minutes ago, Scruffy...the janitor said:

I can't get the site to accept my address, so fuck it. I barely want to pay $15ppd for a black copy of this because it's so short, so what am I even doing here? haha

Good luck to all on JPC!

You will see the black for less than that one day! 😄

I found so many classic black albums I did not want to pay retail for from Amazon, and their various other outlets. (Deep Discount, Import CDs on E-bay, etc.)