Dance Gavin Dance - Color Pop Bundle

1 minute ago, FiggyPud said:

DBM and DBM2.  I like how the cover of 2 is similar but different enough from the first one.  The cover itself feels like a sequel to the first.

You'll hate me for this, but Happiness is my favorite cover. Why?...well, I don't have an answer for that. 

Edited by Shrekular Haze

11 minutes ago, Shrekular Haze said:

You'll hate me for this, but Happiness is my favorite cover. Why?...well, I don't have an answer for that. 

Not at all!  I love the cover for Happiness.  Started the whole “a bunch of weird animals and robots gathered together” series for their albums haha.

41 minutes ago, FiggyPud said:

EP will always hold a special place in my heart.  I first heard “The Robot vs. The Heroin Battle of Vietnam” on purevolume and at the time I had never heard anything like it before.  Went and bought the EP from Amazon right after.  At the time it was the only thing they had out too.

I couldn’t wait for DBM and I bought it the day it came out and listened to it non-stop.  I credit that album with shaping my taste in music today.  There were so many different elements and Craig/Mess’ vocals were like an angel and demon arguing back and forth on your shoulders.  Sounds corny as hell to say but that’s what I always thought of.

Okay that’s enough, sorry.

DBM was the first record I had heard so when I went back to listen to the ep, I just couldn't get into it

Hmm man. To weigh in on this..... as a looooong time fan I would say:

Best Cover:  Happiness (its so fkn great)

Runner Up:  DTBM 2 (love the evolution between DTBM1 cover, and shows Mattais the artists progression during the years between)
Worst Cover:   Whatever I say Is Royal Ocean (sorry John!  I also really dislike Artificial selections cover for some reason, close second.)

Favorite Album:  Self Titled (deathstar),  Kurt's song writing and performance is second to none, these songs really resonate with me.
Runner Up:  Mothership  (but DTBM is a very very close third, might even swap em if you asked me on a different day)
Least Favorite Album:  Artificial Selection?? (They really dont have a bad album, but A.S. has some weak tracks & production on Acceptance  was meh IMO)

Edited by V3XED

On 8/27/2018 at 9:10 AM, throughbeingcruel said:

Instant Gratification (particularly On the Run) is fucking perfect. Only a Tillian fan. I prefer Jonny Craig on the Emarosa records. 

Damn!  I love Bradley in Emarosa.  He seems pretty introverted and the exact opposite of Jonny.  His voice is great, he's just not a show off, again, like Jonny.  I love both singers, but if I had to choose the music I prefer, I'm going team Bradley. 

1 hour ago, Buffbloom said:

Damn!  I love Bradley in Emarosa.  He seems pretty introverted and the exact opposite of Jonny.  His voice is great, he's just not a show off, again, like Jonny.  I love both singers, but if I had to choose the music I prefer, I'm going team Bradley. 

I just meant that the only Jonny Craig output I like is the first two Emarosa records. Their first record with Bradley is really good too but I never heard the more recent one.

• 2 months later...