PO SOON: R.E.M - Live at the BBC (8CD / 2LP versions)

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

Anyone seen any tracklist anywhere?

I'd check back later in the day or tomorrow, as I think they just made the image update. I was tipped off in a roundabout way because I pre-ordered the vinyl on Amazon.co.uk and I got an email saying the release date was just updated so I clicked the product page and saw the changes so far. 

If you find it elsewhere online, bump this thread!

2 minutes ago, swb said:

I'd check back later in the day or tomorrow, as I think they just made the image update. I was tipped off in a roundabout way because I pre-ordered the vinyl on Amazon.co.uk and I got an email saying the release date was just updated so I clicked the product page and saw the changes so far. 

If you find it elsewhere online, bump this thread!

I did find this article that that mentions some of the concerts included in the box set.

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/r-e-m-at-the-bbc-9-disc-box-set/

I never thought I'd buy another CD again, let alone a $50+ CD box set, but I have to get this one.

I can't tell whether R.E.M. are actually being smart by making the vinyl a smaller tracklist and the CD the 'complete' tracklist. I ordered both, whereas I would have only ordered 1 complete vinyl box set, BUT the vinyl box set would have been quite a bit more overall $$$ BUT the profit margins (I imagine) are much higher for CDs. However that shakes out, they got at least $100 from me on this day.

I guess not releasing a 16 LP set means, they'll have material to release as sets later on (probably for RSDs). 

That LP2 (broadcasts) is pretty wack. So many better songs to choose from. Ultimately REM winds because I'm still gonna buy it.

Edited by timsimmons

They have tracklists on their site store now:

https://store.remhq.com/products/bbc-2-lp

https://store.remhq.com/products/bbc-cd-dvd-box-set

Also the CD box set is $20+ cheaper on Amazon FYI. Vinyl is same price as Amazon, although, if you're super thrifty and don't mind waiting a few extra days for it to arrive, you can get it for $30 shipped from Amazon.co.uk.

Also here's a teaser video:

Edited by swb

• 6 months later...