PO - Mogwai Represses: Mr. Beast, Happy People, Hawk is Howling

9 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

Looks like these titles are being repressed. Available on Bullmoose and Amazon with release date of 9/14/2018.

Though, I don't think these titles were terribly difficult to track down from the EU and Canada.

Yeah, they are pretty easy to get over here. Is there anything special about the represses? E.g. Box set?

29 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Surprised they haven't done a US pressing of Ten Rapid. But I too could get behind a EP+6 pressing. 

You can get those Ten Rapid RSD pressings from the EU for about $20 plus shipping. Loads of them on Discogs. Still haven't pulled the trigger on that yet for me though, have the CD.

24 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

This is cool but I really need an inexpensive, well produced domestic CODY repress/reissue stat. Like yesterday.

yeah, it's dumb they did the reissue in that massive ass box. I spent like $40 and snagged and original and that was waaaay cheaper than getting the reissue.

32 minutes ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

Really? I got the reissue for $50 shipped and it's my favorite thing.

^ This. The box set wasn't that massive or expensive, and it was well worth the price. If you're a Mogwai fan, it seems dumb not to get it.

21 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

Though, I don't think these titles were terribly difficult to track down from the EU and Canada.

I don't know but the only ones I've seen in the wild were used copies of Mr. Beast and Hawk is Howling, the former here in Montreal and the latter in Toronto. I bought both because I had never seen them elsewhere (new or used). I've never seen a copy of Happy Songs anywhere in Canada, so I'm happy to hear about this re-press. 

4 hours ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

They're black though

Black is great but two extra unnecessary discs pushing the price past my threshold doesn't help. I've thought of picking that set up a bunch but every time the price stops me dead in my tracks. I'll say this: if it WASN'T black, I probably wouldn't even have considered grabbing it.  Go black go! 

6 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Black is great but two extra unnecessary discs pushing the price past my threshold doesn't help. I've thought of picking that set up a bunch but every time the price stops me dead in my tracks. I'll say this: if it WASN'T black, I probably wouldn't even have considered grabbing it.  Go black go! 

I love you bro, but to call these unnecessary discs is insanity.  Everything in the box is necessary.

Just now, throwgncpr said:

I love you bro, but to call these unnecessary discs is insanity.  Everything in the box is necessary.

Well, I hear you. I respect people digging the extra stuff but looking over the track list for the second 2 LP's, it seems to be mostly demos and live sessions which is totally cool. It just doesn't draw me in. When I say "unnecessary" I mean that its unnecessary to ME specifically. No disrespect. 

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...