Studio Ghibli soundtracks PO

1 hour ago, itsgoodtobefree said:

I've been waiting for reissues of these forever, but man, $40-$50 for a single LP release is just too much... 

I preordered instantly from amazon.jp and it came out to $40 per LP including shipping. I got my order in early enough that I can still cancel it if I need. If it weren’t for the option to cancel, I probably would’ve passed. I keep hoping to hear of a stateside pressing for these so I can get them for cheaper. If that happens between now and then, I’m canceling my order from Japan. 

I agree the price for these is crazy, but if this is my only option, I’ll bite. $40 for an import isn’t the craziest thing I’ve ever spent $40 on. 

heads up to anyone else that ordered on amazon.jp.

amazon.jp wont let you cancel these items after a certain period of time passes. i cant tell for sure how this cutoff works but all of these items fall under the policy. it might be immediate upon confirmation or after a few day grace period. if you already preemptively ordered with them and are thinking about switching for a domestically cheaper order, first check to see if you can still cancel. i did not and now have a whole set of extras 

8 minutes ago, dirkrondo said:

heads up to anyone else that ordered on amazon.jp.

amazon.jp wont let you cancel these items after a certain period of time passes. i cant tell for sure how this cutoff works but all of these items fall under the policy. it might be immediate upon confirmation or after a few day grace period. if you already preemptively ordered with them and are thinking about switching for a domestically cheaper order, first check to see if you can still cancel. i did not and now have a whole set of extras 

Maybe they'll let you slide if you ask them. 

• 1 month later...

My order from amazon.jp is out for delivery. I have no idea if I’ll be getting all or part of my order. My order updates have all been in Japanese, but I think based on the number of emails I’ve received with different titles named in the subject line, that it should be most if not all of my order. 

Has anyone else gotten any notifications or received their packages yet? I’m really excited to get these and would like to hear what other people think if they’ve gotten their shipments yet. 

2 hours ago, GrapplesInStereo said:

My order from amazon.jp is out for delivery. I have no idea if I’ll be getting all or part of my order. My order updates have all been in Japanese, but I think based on the number of emails I’ve received with different titles named in the subject line, that it should be most if not all of my order. 

Has anyone else gotten any notifications or received their packages yet? I’m really excited to get these and would like to hear what other people think if they’ve gotten their shipments yet. 

Mine should be here tomorrow, but I only ordered one.  Same thing though, tons of emails in Japanese.  I ended up using online translators to translate the emails. 

1 hour ago, highfives said:

Mine should be here tomorrow, but I only ordered one.  Same thing though, tons of emails in Japanese.  I ended up using online translators to translate the emails. 

Looks like mine will be here tomorrow as well. It never showed up today and now has an estimated delivery date of tomorrow. 

Either way, really excited to get these. I hope they were packed well for the trip. Something tells me replacement copies will be hard to come by. Aren’t these sold out everywhere? I haven’t seen an active listing for any of these titles for a while. 

14 hours ago, GrapplesInStereo said:

Looks like mine will be here tomorrow as well. It never showed up today and now has an estimated delivery date of tomorrow. 

Either way, really excited to get these. I hope they were packed well for the trip. Something tells me replacement copies will be hard to come by. Aren’t these sold out everywhere? I haven’t seen an active listing for any of these titles for a while. 

Ed's Awesome Sounds still has it and last I saw so did Amazon US so it doesn't seem like this is limited at all.

So my package showed up today completely fucked on one side. Thankfully these were double boxed and had tons of packing material in the outer box. Mine arrived 100% perfect. All corners are crisp and there are no seam splits. Really top notch packing on this order. 

The packaging likewise wise is top notch. I’m really glad I got these. I won’t be able to play them until this afternoon, but so far, so good. No need to worry about cheap packaging or cheap packing from amazon.jp. Hope everyone starts getting their orders today. 

4 hours ago, GrapplesInStereo said:

So my package showed up today completely fucked on one side. Thankfully these were double boxed and had tons of packing material in the outer box. Mine arrived 100% perfect. All corners are crisp and there are no seam splits. Really top notch packing on this order. 

The packaging likewise wise is top notch. I’m really glad I got these. I won’t be able to play them until this afternoon, but so far, so good. No need to worry about cheap packaging or cheap packing from amazon.jp. Hope everyone starts getting their orders today. 

My box was crushed to shit.  The LP was loose inside the box with some paper around it, but no other protection.  Yet somehow the LP is in perfect shape.  Not even a dinged corner.  Crazy considering how jacked the shipping box was.