PO - Skinny Puppy - Cleanse Fold And Manipulate & Mind: The Perpetual Intercourse

Seeing these up on Amazon and Bullmoose for Pre-order.. looks like they both come out at the end of October.

Can't seem to find any additional information. Though I bet the same people who reissued Remission and Bites is behind it:

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/27808425/skinny-puppy-cleanse-fold-manipulate  $25.97

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/27808424/skinny-puppy-mind-the-perpetual-intercourse $25.97

https://www.amazon.com/Mind-Perpetual-Intercourse-Skinny-Puppy/dp/B07FVFQ6ZX/ $26.98

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FSRBCF3/ - $26.98

1 minute ago, jhulud said:

Are any of these reissues and repressing remastered or remixed? I ask because the original recordings could use getting punched up a bit and cleaned up. 

Honestly, I couldn't find anything more about them.. here's hoping there's a bigger press release soon.

Hopefully The Process gets a vinyl release eventually but it isn't owned by Nettwerk and I haven't heard any buzz about that happening any time soon. Weapon is really good, definitely the best from the post-Dwayne era, the rest are hit and miss. Live at Doomsday and Live: Bootlegged, Broke And In Solvent Seas are both really good if you like live albums. Ohgr just released a new solo album called Tricks that I highly recommend and his live show this tour has been awesome, it's the best I've seen him and that includes the Skinny Puppy shows I've been to.

3 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Great news!  Hopefully they keep going through the Nettwerk era.  I wouldn't mind of The Process got a pressing at some point either.  I fell off after that, any of the reunion material worthwhile?

Not really, although live it blends pretty well with older material. 

12 minutes ago, jeromium said:

Not really, although live it blends pretty well with older material. 

Agreed.

The Process was a good album but not a good SP album in my opinion. I left at that point. In my eyes, and squarely my own opinion, Last Rights was the pinnacle and the logical end to everything they did to that point. I was so sure that the follow up to LR would be more abstract sound collage, like a less electro Eyes of Stanley Pain type thing mixed with the first few minutes of KNowhere looped and more abstract from a rhythmic standpoint. 

Instead it was decent but wholly unremarkable electro. Which in hindsight makes sense as Critter was dead as well as dwayne. Critter Newell was the genius in those records save for Rabies which was Luxa/Pan'd into the Ministry v Skinny Puppy album I always wanted in 1989.

Ohgr's solo stuff isn't anything to write home about (IMO). The initial record was good and I saw them/him on that tour (with Hate Dept - who will never get the credit they deserve for being solid) but otherwise danceable stuff with Ohgr being Ohgr over it.

On the subject of the Bites and Remission repressed which do sound good btw, I wish more tracks were included. The cd had another like 6 tracks that do not appear on the records, one of those being one of my all time face SP songs "Manwhole".

1 hour ago, Monastic_mike said:

Ohgr's solo stuff isn't anything to write home about (IMO). The initial record was good and I saw them/him on that tour (with Hate Dept - who will never get the credit they deserve for being solid) but otherwise danceable stuff with Ohgr being Ohgr over it.

Seibold is a great guy. Was at that tour in Buffalo. The one thing I hated about that show though was that I had never seen Puppy live at that point and was just really hoping they'd do at least 1 SP song since cEvin was playing with them. But instead they did 1 of his songs in the encore. But i think i may have actually enjoyed that show more than the times I have seen Puppy after.

Morfiend - how was Lead into Gold live opening for him?

Ohgr's solo stuff is just fun and catchy, especially live. His new album Tricks has grown me a lot and is similar to WELT in a lot of ways. I listen to Ohgr's solo stuff quite a bit more than Puppy's post-Dwayne material (with the exception of Weapon).

I didn't get to see Lead Into Gold, had no idea it was Paul Barker's band until the next day. The venue Ohgr was playing is basically 2 venues in one building and a local band whose singer I chatted with before the show was playing at the same time so we went over there and watched them instead since the guy was so nice and the description of his band intrigued us.

22 hours ago, Monastic_mike said:

Agreed.

The Process was a good album but not a good SP album in my opinion. I left at that point. In my eyes, and squarely my own opinion, Last Rights was the pinnacle and the logical end to everything they did to that point. I was so sure that the follow up to LR would be more abstract sound collage, like a less electro Eyes of Stanley Pain type thing mixed with the first few minutes of KNowhere looped and more abstract from a rhythmic standpoint. 

Instead it was decent but wholly unremarkable electro. Which in hindsight makes sense as Critter was dead as well as dwayne. Critter Newell was the genius in those records save for Rabies which was Luxa/Pan'd into the Ministry v Skinny Puppy album I always wanted in 1989.

Totally, it was a decent album but not a good SP album. I'm with you on Last Rights being the pinnacle and logical end. Download's early material, despite being way more techno-influenced, sounds like a much more logical follow-up if there was one. Furnace and The Eyes of Stanley Pain are absolutely brilliant - and seeing them live for TEOSP remains one of my favorite show memories. I love that those have been issued on vinyl after all this time. 

I also saw Ohgr on the first tour, and was really happy that cEvin was on drums as I'd never seen SP live at that point. The discography is pretty weird - I thought the first one was pretty good, I found SunnyPsyOp pretty weak and cheesy, and then Devils in My Details was pretty impressive and closer to SP's reunion material (not great but less cheesy than Ohgr in general). I think Undeveloped was ok but I honestly don't remember much, and I haven't listened to Tricks but the few songs I have heard while shuffling my Spotify queue were absolutely cheesy and I couldn't get through them. 

On the subject of the Bites and Remission repressed which do sound good btw, I wish more tracks were included. The cd had another like 6 tracks that do not appear on the records, one of those being one of my all time face SP songs "Manwhole".

Both CDs were about twice as long as the original releases. Getting into SP during the CD era, I always assumed those were the "normal" track lists. But despite some great material not being included, I'm actually glad they've reissued them with the original track list. I forget where all those bonus tracks came from - there are 13 between the two releases. A couple from Back & Forth I guess, but I don't know about the rest without spending time digging.

P.S. I gotta revisit Lead Into Gold one of these days - I bought Age of Reason on vinyl back in the 90s and don't think I ever listened to it more than twice. But I still have it. On that note, WTF I was just looking on RYM and noticed there's a new Lead Into Gold album that just came out in July?! That's a shocker.

https://paulionbarker.bandcamp.com/album/the-sun-behind-the-sun

1 minute ago, jeromium said:

P.S. I gotta revisit Lead Into Gold one of these days - I bought Age of Reason on vinyl back in the 90s and don't think I ever listened to it more than twice. But I still have it. On that note, WTF I was just looking on RYM and noticed there's a new Lead Into Gold album that just came out in July?! That's a shocker.

Yeah, that's what he's touring in support of right now. I've listened to a few tracks so far, definitely has a similar vibe to that old Wax Trax era. I'm not a big fan of the vocals but I can probably get over that as long as the songs are good.

2 hours ago, jeromium said:

I have Age Of Reason and I'd say Giant Among Men is my fave on there. Its vintage Luxa/Pan

2 hours ago, jeromium said:

Totally, it was a decent album but not a good SP album. I'm with you on Last Rights being the pinnacle and logical end. Download's early material, despite being way more techno-influenced, sounds like a much more logical follow-up if there was one. Furnace and The Eyes of Stanley Pain are absolutely brilliant - and seeing them live for TEOSP remains one of my favorite show memories. I love that those have been issued on vinyl after all this time. 

I also saw Ohgr on the first tour, and was really happy that cEvin was on drums as I'd never seen SP live at that point. The discography is pretty weird - I thought the first one was pretty good, I found SunnyPsyOp pretty weak and cheesy, and then Devils in My Details was pretty impressive and closer to SP's reunion material (not great but less cheesy than Ohgr in general). I think Undeveloped was ok but I honestly don't remember much, and I haven't listened to Tricks but the few songs I have heard while shuffling my Spotify queue were absolutely cheesy and I couldn't get through them. 

Both CDs were about twice as long as the original releases. Getting into SP during the CD era, I always assumed those were the "normal" track lists. But despite some great material not being included, I'm actually glad they've reissued them with the original track list. I forget where all those bonus tracks came from - there are 13 between the two releases. A couple from Back & Forth I guess, but I don't know about the rest without spending time digging.

100% agree on all counts.