https://elusive-sound.com/glasir-release-new-dark-age/

Elusive Sound proudly presents “New Dark Age“, the long-awaited debut album from American post-rock/post-metal trio Glasir.

Recorded and mixed by Sam Striker at Native Darkness Productions and mastered by Randy Cordner at Beast Mansion, “New Dark Age” is the follow-up to their critically acclaimed 2015 EP “Unborn”, the very first Elusive Sound release. This incredible 3-piece from Dallas, Texas, have crafted a powerfully evocative album where their heavy siege cannon is unleashed and blasts us into a blackened world, where sound resonates in decayed city shells and life submerges in stagnant pools of death. We are one with the shadows hidden midst the smoke hung in a haze that ascends hollow towering walls of steel. It obscures a blood red sun we cannot see yet feel it’s oppressive heat searing down like the breath of hell. This is our tomorrow, a new dark age.

Featuring full artwork by Alex CF, “New Dark Age” will be released by Elusive Sound digitally on August 31 and on vinyl at a date yet to be announced.

1promo-1-600x600.jpg

Full album out now, available for download and streaming:  https://glasir.bandcamp.com/album/new-dark-age

Vinyl TBD, but keep an eye here for group-buy information.  I will be conducting the Deluxe group-buy from Elusive themselves, and A Thousand Arms will be getting the non-deluxe variants for USA residents.  You can always get a non-deluxe in the group-buy from me to guarantee a copy.  As with all Elusive Sound releases, this will sell out, and it will be incredible. 

Stay tuned!

5 minutes ago, Sasan said:

This will be so fcking expensive again..

It always is.  I'm sure there's a way for you European guys to pool together and do group-buys like I do?  It's weird that even from Switzerland to a place such as you in Germany is as expensive as it is to ship across the ocean. 

Edit:  Although the label has told me that they're done with the super expensive collectors items like the Whale box.  This will probably be 27.99euro for 2xLP if that's how they go.  The first Glasir was very high-priced, but still worth it IMO. 

Edited by Gumbo72203

10 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

It always is.  I'm sure there's a way for you European guys to pool together and do group-buys like I do?  It's weird that even from Switzerland to a place such as you in Germany is as expensive as it is to ship across the ocean. 

Edit:  Although the label has told me that they're done with the super expensive collectors items like the Whale box.  This will probably be 27.99euro for 2xLP if that's how they go.  The first Glasir was very high-priced, but still worth it IMO. 

Well if their statement with the deluxe  packaging is true I am bummed. All releases are representing quality but those versions made me really excited, regardless of the price.

13 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Yeah, no clue...Switzerland is "special" in any way...

15 hours ago, anchorlessbodies said:

Well if their statement with the deluxe  packaging is true I am bummed. All releases are representing quality but those versions made me really excited, regardless of the price.

They will still have "deluxe" releases but they're done doing the crazy-expensive wooden boxes, etc for a while.  They always do a special deluxe version and then a pared-down regular clear edition.  I'm a little bummed I don't have the wooden TRNA box as that's the only 1st press item of theirs that I don't have. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2018 at 10:08 PM, Gumbo72203 said:

Heyo, Phil from Elusive Sound here. Gumbo may got us a little bit wrong here. We don't mean to disappoint anyone of course! I mentioned to him that we're not doing a "box / book" for this release cycle (regarding the Silent Whale Book Sleeve or anything the likes). Of course, there will be a "deluxe"-treatment for every upcoming album, so don't fret!

I recommend anyone to just keep a close eye on our facebook presence, where we post all the news first. Also a big thanks and shout out to anyone supporting the label, it means a ton to us! We're very lucky to have you on board!

Also, ask me anything, I guess.

On 9/3/2018 at 2:46 PM, EquinoxDesignLab said:

Digging what I hear and am definitely interested in the deluxe.

Are you in?  I'm starting to prepare the list!

Also, there is a Whale repress and the Blankenberge record is dropping along with this!
Here is the Deluxe Glasir variant:

44448405_2247181895292637_74752279282765

Here is the standard variant, which will be available in limited quantities in the USA from A Thousand Arms:

44533014_2245912718752888_89895142329784

Thanks to everybody for participating in the group buy, I am closing it up now!  This was our biggest one yet I believe, at a total of 17 records.  You guys are awesome.

Elusive and A1KA PO's go up at 2pm EST tomorrow!

Keep your eyes peeled for TRNA and Ravena next!

Edited by Gumbo72203

10 hours ago, elvismcvegas said:

Any way I can still get in on this?

2 hours ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

This

Sorry dudes, I had to close it out with the label as their PO goes live in ~3.5 hours and I won't be free to speak with them/move things around, and they needed to know by now for their own preparedness.  What I would suggest possibly doing is you two working together; place an order for 2, and you guys can split the shipping?

The only thing I can offer is that IF it doesn't sell out immediately and you want to risk waiting, I can see if the label will add to my group-buy.  I can't promise that though; I believe they are expecting a sell-out, but in the event that it doesn't I will certainly ask when I get home from work tonight! 

Please keep an eye on their releases because I **WILL** be doing one for Ravena and TRNA when those are released next.  I want everybody to be included but there are timelines we have to abide by, unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, alzanderchap said:

Snagged a deluxe as well. Being my first deluxe from Elusive that wasn't used, I'm pretty excited for this to come in

Cheers! You're in for a great and sturdy mailer and our packaging :) Thanks a lot!

Big big thanks to everyone that showed their support! We sold out of the Glasir Deluxe LP in less than 30 minutes which is a new record!

Group buy members:  I'll have final price notices sent out in the next few days!  All of your copies are secured, I just haven't gotten an invoice yet from the label to reconcile my initial calculations.  I wanna give them some time to breathe and collect themselves after that crazy response they had yesterday.  Stay tuned! 

Group-buy Update:  The label will likely have an invoice for me tomorrow night, so once I get that I will reconcile the final cost with my estimates and make sure it's all even, and then payment requests will go out.  Thank you all for sitting tight and participating.  This makes group buy #....  8 or 9?  I think? 

I mentioned something in the Blankenberge thread I will mention here too, because there was some miscommunication and I don't want that to happen again.  I need confirmation of participation, because that determines our group discount which then determines the estimates I send out.  Some people get the estimates and say "nah i'm good" which is totally fine because then I know for sure.  But I just need a definite yes beyond "I'm interested" because sometimes people change their minds.  These tend to move fast as the release date approaches because the label needs a count from me and I want everybody to get a spot who wants in.  But I just need to know that you're actually in, that's all. 

Thanks again guys.  I do this all on my spare time because I like bringing people together for things and it's a lot to coordinate so I appreciate everybody's patience and understanding.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Package came!!!  I will hopefully start getting to it next week, but I am a little bit slammed as Monday begins Finals week for school and I am fucking loaded.  But they're here finally!  I'm hoping to maybe crack into it on Tuesday, as I don't have any exams that specific day.  So we'll see.  Sit tight my friends!