piky0032

PO - Metallica ...AJFA Deluxe Box Set

That would have been the perfect chance to increase the bass level...on the other hand, it'd be a massive change to this historic record...hmmm...don't know...

But since it's my personal favorite of Metallica, I might consider this. Looks fantastic, although I don't need half the shit in there...

This will be the first single album giant mega box I'll buy.

It's got enough cool stuff to justify me paying too much for it.

Me to wife: There's finally a mega single album boxed set I'm going to buy.

Wife: Great. Who is it?

Me: Metallica.

Wife: Gotcha.

Edited by Battra

8 hours ago, Satan said:

So you're not buying the box set because a version of the album that the band obviously did not want to make back then and has nothing to do with their artistic vision whatsoever is not included? The fact that the bass is so low mixed on the album gives the record its essential character and carries in it part of the bands history since this type of bullying newsted was an (argably fucked up) way for them to grieve for cliff.

14 hours ago, Satan said:

I'm not a Metallica fan, but as someone who nerds out on mixing/production..and plays bass, this is some interesting/fascinating/depressing stuff. Leave the mixing to the professionals. 

9 hours ago, Vega said:

So you're not buying the box set because a version of the album that the band obviously did not want to make back then and has nothing to do with their artistic vision whatsoever is not included? The fact that the bass is so low mixed on the album gives the record its essential character and carries in it part of the bands history since this type of bullying newsted was an (argably fucked up) way for them to grieve for cliff.

He could be like me, the only reason I'd get this would be to hear a new mix with bass. Already have an OG and don't care about all the live stuff or demos.