PO Now: Tokyo Police Club - TPC

• sethdavid changed the title to PO Now: Tokyo Police Club - TPC
43 minutes ago, hori said:

Dine Alone has put these up for sale, limited edition of 100 will probably be gone by the time you read this:

https://www.dinealonestore.com/collections/tokyo-police-club/products/tokyo-police-club-tpc-clear-2lp

Just got one! Looks like there are 12 left 

47 minutes ago, veggiecorecords said:

Why doesn't Dine Alone have a US Store 

Every Canadian indie label that you happen to like a couple artists from should set up shop (in today's Canadian-hostile American market, no less) just so that you alone get to save some $$$ on shipping [insert 50 eyeroll emojis here].

Edited by arumajiro 零 一つ

Just now, arumajiro 零 一つ said:

Every Canadian indie label that you happen to like one artist from should set up shop (in today's Canadian-hostile American market, no less) just so that you alone get to save some $$$ on shipping [insert 50 eyeroll emojis here].

Hey Bud,

Dine Alone Records is a Canadian independent record label, founded in St. Catharines and Toronto by Joel Carriere. The label is now based in Toronto, Nashville and Los Angeles.

Only reason I said that. Some bigger labels have multiple stores for different countries, but sure single me out like I'm an asshole because I don't want to pay $50 for an LP 

Well, go ahead and self-label yourself an asshole; I was merely inferring illogical entitlement.

Maybe when your own record company establishes an office in another country you'll realize that doesn't automatically mean and certainly in no way obliges you to open up a brick-and-mortar store housing and distributing physical product (as opposed to A&R).

Because debating the issue with me as opposed to directly emailing the label is certainly the more productive method of registering your belief that "based in" means "must have a store/storefront".

Edited by arumajiro 零 一つ

11 minutes ago, arumajiro 零 一つ said:

Well, go ahead and self-label yourself an asshole; I was merely inferring illogical entitlement.

Maybe when your own record company establishes an office in another country you'll realize that doesn't automatically mean and certainly in no way obliges you to open up a brick-and-mortar store housing and distributing physical product (as opposed to A&R).

Because debating the issue with me as opposed to directly emailing the label is certainly the more productive method of registering your belief that "based in" means "must have a store/storefront".

Sorry I complained about this as I know as a Canadian you must pay extra for records coming from the states. 

1 hour ago, veggiecorecords said:

Why doesn't Dine Alone have a US Store so we don't have to pay $22 in shipping. Couldn't pony up for this after pre-ordering Say Anything from them. 

Why doesn't every label have a Canadian site so I don't have to pay $25 Canadian to ship one record.

4 minutes ago, veggiecorecords said:

Sorry I complained about this as I know as a Canadian you must pay extra for records coming from the states. 

It's not even that. I'm sure most Aussies, Europeans and Canadians on this board have given up trying to convince the vast majority of you to look at the Location we post before replying with "How can you pass on this with free shipping no less?!?!" for the 4,783rd time. It's blatantly obvious it's impossible to convince Americans that other countries exist, and that businesses in those countries NEVER offer the same level of sales incentives. If only y'all knew how good you have it.

That rational, true & valid perspective, for instance, would force you to forego moaning about expensive shipping when, say, you realize that the exchange rate is very much in Americans' favour as far as Canadian product specifically goes.

1 hour ago, gazzo said:

shipping for cad stores is actually cheaper than shipping from us stores, like 10-12 dollars less

For the most part I'd agree. I spent a good 5 minutes working out which option was best as I've been after the Melon EPs and clear Champ. Just found shipping for the new album odd ($35 CAD) when the seemingly larger packaging for the Deluxe EPs ended up cheaper.

They've seem to have adjusted it anyway, when ordering the 3 earlier the only option was $85 CAD, now it's $39 CAD.

Any Canadian label should look into a service like Chit Chat Express for cheap shipping to the US. They basically charge about a loonie per package to drive a crapload of packages to the US and then ship with USPS so you get to use those rates! So I can ship a record from Canada to the US for about $5-$6 with them using media mail. Shipping within Canada still sucks though.

• 2 years later...