PO Now: Sufjan Stevens - Songs for Christmas (5xLP box set)

2 minutes ago, swb said:

This is a separate series/comp than Silver and Gold, yeah? Is there some overlap?

Silver and Gold is Songs for Christmas volumes 6-10. This is Songs for Christmas volumes 1-5.

EDIT: There may be some overlap in the songs, but they're different versions. In general, 1-5 are more lo-fi/stripped down (think Seven Swans/Carrie & Lowell) compared to 6-10.

Edited by ksuwdboots

https://store.asthmatickitty.com/collections/vinyl/products/sufjan-stevens-silver-and-gold?variant=254799204

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but it does look like they repressed Silver and Gold. I just bought one. I mean, it’s a hell of a lot cheaper than the two on discogs.

Edited by PookdaddyG

6 minutes ago, PookdaddyG said:

https://store.asthmatickitty.com/collections/vinyl/products/sufjan-stevens-silver-and-gold?variant=254799204

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but it does look like they repressed Silver and Gold. I just bought one. I mean, it’s a hell of a lot cheaper than the two on discogs.

Repressed or are those leftover copies? Doesn’t indicate being a preorder and this one says it’s /2000 just like the original pressing. Hmm. I may need to nab this finally.

53 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Repressed or are those leftover copies? Doesn’t indicate being a preorder and this one says it’s /2000 just like the original pressing. Hmm. I may need to nab this finally.

That I’m not sure of. I figured I’d jump on it now and ask questions later. 

Edit: it does look like some of the EP’s are available in the store, so maybe they just found more. 

Edited by PookdaddyG