PO Now: Sufjan Stevens - Songs for Christmas (5xLP box set)

21 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

How scuffed up are people's discs that are requesting replacements?  I checked all of mine and they each have a little bit of visible scuffing on them but didn't seem to noticeably affect playback.  

All my records except Vol. 3 were scuffed or had minor warps but that stuff doesn't bother me much and I pretty much expect it with AK records.

Vol. 3 had 2-3 deep scratches on each side that caused loud clicks on each revolution though. If you didn't hear loud clicks or see deep scratches, you are good.

1 minute ago, swb said:

All my records except Vol. 3 were scuffed or had minor warps but that stuff doesn't bother me much and I pretty much expect it with AK records.

Vol. 3 had 2-3 deep scratches on each side that caused loud clicks on each revolution though. If you didn't hear loud clicks or see deep scratches, you are good.

Good info.  Thanks.  

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, jmpatrick said:

Still nothing here.  No email no record.

It should be noted that I only received that casual heads up and no record yet for me either. If they sent it immediately via media mail, it should be arriving any day now but I could also see these sitting around for a while before actually getting in the post office's hands.

Edited by swb

4 hours ago, wellnow said:

Glad I passed on this.

For what it's worth mine had no issues and I found it easily worth the $60! At least they're trying to send replacements although I think they need to switch pressing plants because two copies of C&L I tried have terrible surface noise on Fourth Of July