Kurt Vile - Bottle It In (10/12)

On 9/10/2018 at 10:12 PM, mondie said:

I landed an orange splatter /800 from Crash records in Leeds, it was the only seller I could find with stock. This will be my first KV album, I have liked his earlier work and wanted to like the album he did with Courtney Barnett but couldn't really, hopefully, this is more to my liking.

The orange splatter is  still available at Resident for anyone wanting a copy 

http://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=58286 

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, hobbesthecat said:

Anyone know of any online retailer that has the splatter still in stock?

thanks!

I think that this is the only place with any left online, I know others (Resident, Sister Ray) have some left but they are now in-store sales only

https://www.strangerthanparadiserecords.com/kurt-vile-bottle-it-in-dinked-edition-coloured.html

8 minutes ago, craigeduk said:

I think that this is the only place with any left online, I know others (Resident, Sister Ray) have some left but they are now in-store sales only

https://www.strangerthanparadiserecords.com/kurt-vile-bottle-it-in-dinked-edition-coloured.html

Hey Craig - thanks for the reply

doesnt look like they ship to the States unless I'm doing something wrong

:(

4 minutes ago, hobbesthecat said:

Hey Craig - thanks for the reply

doesnt look like they ship to the States unless I'm doing something wrong

:(

According to their shipping info page they should do, try dropping them an email see if they can sort it out. I can't seem to get it to show a US shipping cost either

https://www.strangerthanparadiserecords.com/service/shipping-returns/

12 minutes ago, craigeduk said:

According to their shipping info page they should do, try dropping them an email see if they can sort it out. I can't seem to get it to show a US shipping cost either

https://www.strangerthanparadiserecords.com/service/shipping-returns/

Oh wow! Great catch

thanks Craig - I appreciate the info. Just sent them a message 

enjoy your Thursday!

Streaming this today for the first time. Dang why's it gotta be so damn long? 78 minutes! I mean yes, b'lieve was 60 and Wakin was about 70 min, so I guess that's his MO and I'm not sure why it's a surprise, but it's a bit excessive to me. b'lieve felt too long because to me it didn't have as many strong tracks as Wakin. This one so far who knows, I've definitely been enjoying ti so far but I doubt it'll justify the length (to me). Hardly any albums can really justify being over an hour for me.

I caught this lyric from "One Trick Ponies" while walking to work this morning and it certainly rang true: "Cause I've always had a soft spot for repetition."

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, timsimmons said:

Its possible they didn't reset the stamper and it started at a higher number than 0001. Or they made more just in case of damaged copies or whatever. 

I understand the make more for damaged copy situation but most of the time those copies are unnumbered.  Hard to believe you would advertise a limited version and not reset the stamper but you never know. I sent them an email, I'll let you know what they say.   

3 hours ago, Jnaught said:

I understand the make more for damaged copy situation but most of the time those copies are unnumbered.  Hard to believe you would advertise a limited version and not reset the stamper but you never know. I sent them an email, I'll let you know what they say.   

Are you afraid this effects your "most limited resale value"? I mean who gives a shit about stuff like this

4 hours ago, Jnaught said:

Not even a Kurt Vile fan but this shit is riveting.  Please keep us posted.

I agree with the take of "who cares" but my follow up is "if someone cares about the marketing or package details of a release they like/own". :) Personal preference and personal interest are enough justification for caring about something as small and niche as the details of the numbering on a release. 

• 4 weeks later...